Shock adjustment does not click

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
After I got home with my brand new 2022 talon 1000x I happened to notice the right rear shock adjustment does not click like the other 3. Has anyone experienced this and is it something simple? I hate to already go back to the dealer. Here’s a short video of what I mean. (I couldn’t post a video on here so here’s a link to a quick YouTube)

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably needs the shock charged. People changing to Schrader valves is common on the Fox shocks

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
The nitrogen has leaked out of that shock, not uncommon. If your Talon is still under warranty, you might have to wait for a replacement shock. The best long term solution is getting Schrader valve caps to prevent this from happening again.

Here's one of @TerryH helpful how to videos

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Needs nitrogen - shocks are pretty much junk out of the box, I had one dead and one partially dead when new - cmon Honda - use a football filler on a $18k machine - really😂.

maybe it’s possible for you to find a local shop that can hit it quick on the trailer and flip em $20 and move on

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just an fyi - when I had that same dissapointment - my local Honda dealer said bring it in, we rip shocks off, send off to Fox and get repaired under warranty

I said I’ll be right down……..wait for me.

Found a buddy with a nitrogen tank and filler - bought him a bottle of JD and was fixed on the trailer in 5 minutes - since then moved on to schrader valves

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I contacted a guy that did re-valves my dirt bike shocks years ago. Says he might even have the schrader valve caps on his bench as we speak, I would just need to bring it by to check fitment. Thanks for the quick responses everyone

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Remove cap - drill/tap/install - recharge

Shazam and the football nipple is gone - lol

Reactions: Remington
H

HondaTech

They do have some of them

Honda has 2 versions
Type 2 and Type 3
Im assuming it may be based on color

What color is your unit?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!