Shock adjustment does not click

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
After I got home with my brand new 2022 talon 1000x I happened to notice the right rear shock adjustment does not click like the other 3. Has anyone experienced this and is it something simple? I hate to already go back to the dealer. Here’s a short video of what I mean. (I couldn’t post a video on here so here’s a link to a quick YouTube)

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably needs the shock charged. People changing to Schrader valves is common on the Fox shocks

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
The nitrogen has leaked out of that shock, not uncommon. If your Talon is still under warranty, you might have to wait for a replacement shock. The best long term solution is getting Schrader valve caps to prevent this from happening again.

Here's one of @TerryH helpful how to videos

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Needs nitrogen - shocks are pretty much junk out of the box, I had one dead and one partially dead when new - cmon Honda - use a football filler on a $18k machine - really😂.

maybe it’s possible for you to find a local shop that can hit it quick on the trailer and flip em $20 and move on

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just an fyi - when I had that same dissapointment - my local Honda dealer said bring it in, we rip shocks off, send off to Fox and get repaired under warranty

I said I’ll be right down……..wait for me.

Found a buddy with a nitrogen tank and filler - bought him a bottle of JD and was fixed on the trailer in 5 minutes - since then moved on to schrader valves

J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I contacted a guy that did re-valves my dirt bike shocks years ago. Says he might even have the schrader valve caps on his bench as we speak, I would just need to bring it by to check fitment. Thanks for the quick responses everyone

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Remove cap - drill/tap/install - recharge

Shazam and the football nipple is gone - lol

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
H