Does windshield = dead air space?

B

bwaltom

Feb 19, 2014
Utah
I would like to get a windshield for my p4. I have talked to a few people that say it will create a dead air space & I will get tons of dust in the seating area. Is this a problem? What is the fix (besides a full enclosure)?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
some people with experience will chime in shortly I'm sure. they say adding the rear panel helps with this problem. if not eliminate it back to normal.

W

waterboy1

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I have the two peice folding windsheild and you do get a lot of dust in the seating area. I think the rear panel would cure the problem I just have not got it yet.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I also have the two piece wind shield and cracking the window just little will help let air through and push the dust out.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Rear panel almost eliminated snow and dust.

T

talon1979

Feb 26, 2014
Eagle Mountain, Utah
I have not dealt with a full windshield on a Pioneer, but my mom's rzr 570 had a full glass windshield. If I was riding in dusty conditions everything became dusty (including me and my dogs). I don't think the windshield helped with the dust not getting inside, just keeping it out of your face.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!