P700 Super ATV Flip Windshield

R

rkgrabin

Dec 4, 2022
San Antonio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've been in the process of customizing my new to me 22 Pioneer 700-4 base. I purchased and installed Super ATV's Flip windshield, but I'm not super happy about the fit. The top windshield hits the second set of mounting brackets preventing the top windshield from sitting on the trim on the bottom windshield in that fully closed position. I also can see a slight bow in on the top windshield. Does anybody have any experience or tips on how to get a better fit?

IMG 2602 IMG 2603

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You have to use some authority when installing that for proper fit then tighten the clamps good or u will get what u have there, if u need other pointers, our search up top and or give a shout to @SuperATV with questions

Reactions: SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yep, Like Remmy said, you have to force those pieces into position with a little elbow grease. We didn't leave much room for error with our tolerances. Double check to make sure that the seal on the bottom windshield is fully engaged. Go around it and tap it on good with a dead blow. After you get that back on, get someone to help you get the top piece positioned in the down and locked position...where it needs to be closed all the way....before bolting down the clamps. It should all pull together better that way.

R

rkgrabin

Dec 4, 2022
San Antonio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, Like Remmy said, you have to force those pieces into position with a little elbow grease. We didn't leave much room for error with our tolerances. Double check to make sure that the seal on the bottom windshield is fully engaged. Go around it and tap it on good with a dead blow. After you get that back on, get someone to help you get the top piece positioned in the down and locked position...where it needs to be closed all the way....before bolting down the clamps. It should all pull together better that way.

So I pulled off the lower and upper windshields and started over, hopeful for a different result. The top and bottom came together nicely...... until I bolted on the gas struts. I can't see how any twisting of the clamps can improve the fit in the lower corners. The first four pictures show the left and right side of the windshield locked down before adding the struts. There is a small gap, less than 1/16th between the windshield and the second brackets on both sides. The two windshields come together as expected. The last two pictures show the gap after the strut is bolted on. Overall it's not a big deal for what we use the machine for, but is is a little annoying.

IMG 2605 IMG 2606 IMG 2607 IMG 2608 IMG 2609 IMG 2610

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!