P700 SuperATV Flip Windshield issue

Chowitt87

Chowitt87

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2020
Inman, SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2021 700-4. When I bought it I bought the Honda hard roof and SuperATV windshield at the same time. To save money I told the dealer I would install both items. The install was easy on both I thought but my windshield hits my roof when open all the way. I can’t move the windshield down anymore and feel confident that everything is installed properly. I’ve thought about trimming the roof where it hits or just putting a piece of weatherstripping on it. Has anyone else had the windshield contact the roof?

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought some weatherstripping for my roof where the window hits so it would stop scratching

Reactions: SuperATV
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
I have a 2021 700-4. When I bought it I bought the Honda hard roof and SuperATV windshield at the same time. To save money I told the dealer I would install both items. The install was easy on both I thought but my windshield hits my roof when open all the way. I can’t move the windshield down anymore and feel confident that everything is installed properly. I’ve thought about trimming the roof where it hits or just putting a piece of weatherstripping on it. Has anyone else had the windshield contact the roof?
I trimmed my roof i just drew a line and used an oscillating saw. Real easy. You don't want a rub mark in your windshield.

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also used weather stripping as a temp fix will cut the roof back this spring. My only concern with trimming the roof was whether water would drip inside the window

Reactions: SuperATV
A

adventure1

Nov 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow I am in the same boat though the dealer has not yet received my windshield. My question is how much do you have to trim off the roof?

Reactions: Backwoods
Chowitt87

Chowitt87

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2020
Inman, SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the response. I think I will just trim the roof too. It looks to be only about an inch needs to come off.

Reactions: adventure1
A

adventure1

Nov 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now I just need my windshield to come in. As an inch is reasonable anymore I might opt for a different one.

Reactions: Backwoods
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!