P700 Does your pioneer sit level?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Bad shock? Do all 4 corners bounce back the same when you push down on them?

T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey I'm just saying every nut and bolt is painted by honda when that paint is not lined up they know it these big companies don't make money off of warrenty they will try to sh!! You
Hard to believe they would void the warranty on something like this but I'll take a picture of the "before" and "after".

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dealer is 50 miles away...in the meantime I see that the problem may not be that rare. The machine "tracks" good, just the steering wheel says it is is 3 o'clock instead of noon.
Just take it off and put to 12 o'clock.Wont void warranty IMOP

Reactions: Tflynn and hurld
T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just take it off and put to 12 o'clock.Wont void warranty IMOP
Looked at today and concluded it might have to take the 50 mile ride to the dealer. Sitting on the driveway the steering wheel is pointing to about 10 o'clock when the wheels are straight. On the trail it points to about 3 o'clock. I noticed the latter on it's "maiden" voyage with maybe 2 miles on the odometer. There is no excessive play left to right on the steering wheel (i.e. the front wheels turn with hardly any movement of the steering wheel). I'll check the tire pressure before I decide but something doesn't seem right here. I ain't complaining and "as is" is more of a "cosmetic nuisance" than anything...it seems to track as it should.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looked at today and concluded it might have to take the 50 mile ride to the dealer. Sitting on the driveway the steering wheel is pointing to about 10 o'clock when the wheels are straight. On the trail it points to about 3 o'clock. I noticed the latter on it's "maiden" voyage with maybe 2 miles on the odometer. There is no excessive play left to right on the steering wheel (i.e. the front wheels turn with hardly any movement of the steering wheel). I'll check the tire pressure before I decide but something doesn't seem right here. I ain't complaining and "as is" is more of a "cosmetic nuisance" than anything...it seems to track as it should.
This is a very common issue and an even easier fix. If your steering wheel isn't pointing straight simply pop off the center cap on the steering wheel and you will see a a nut (19mm if I remember right). Take the nut off and you can pull the steering wheel off. The steering wheel is on a splined shaft and sometimes during initial setup the tech might install it a spline or two off. All you have to do is move it back into the straight position. Super easy! Don't waste your time driving to the dealer, this will take you less than two minutes.

We're way off topic from the original post! Sorry Mods, can we make the steering wheel issue its own thread? @Hondasxs, @JACKAL, @ohanacreek, @joeymt33

T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is a very common issue and an even easier fix. If your steering wheel isn't pointing straight simply pop off the center cap on the steering wheel and you will see a a nut (19mm if I remember right). Take the nut off and you can pull the steering wheel off. The steering wheel is on a splined shaft and sometimes during initial setup the tech might install it a spline or two off. All you have to do is move it back into the straight position. Super easy! Don't waste your time driving to the dealer, this will take you less than two minutes.

We're way off topic from the original post! Sorry Mods, can we make the steering wheel issue its own thread? @Hondasxs, @JACKAL, @ohanacreek, @joeymt33
Agree on the "off topic" part...my fault! I first saw the question here and continued.

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Check tire size. Just because it is marked a size doesn't mean it's true. When I bought my 700 it didn't sit properly and they ended up swapping my right front tire under warranty. The tire was marked 25 but it was probably more like 28 or 29.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!