P700 Does your pioneer sit level?

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
Mine has sat crooked since the day It was delivered, is it supposed to sit level? I was assuming Honda gave it some pre load so when the operator sits it will level out

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it should sit level. Check the preload adjusters on your rear shocks to see if they are on the same setting, if they are on different settings it would cause the machine to lean a bit.

Reactions: Bubbadoyle
Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
They are the same adjustment. I've looked for bent shock mounts, pulled ball joints. Short of calling my dealer I've searched for anything.

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
But it's the roll cage and all. It's about an inch shorter than the other. If my sway bar was bent that would be my issue.
If it is bent I was going to go to my dealer, I paid for 4 years warranty I'm gonna use it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe try unhooking the links just to see if that fixes it. If it's the same then you know it's not the sway bar. But you make a good point, if you paid for the 4 year warranty you had better use it. After all it's a Honda, this may be your only chance!!

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Mine has sat crooked since the day It was delivered, is it supposed to sit level? I was assuming Honda gave it some pre load so when the operator sits it will level out
Is the gas tank full? mine has a slight lean to the passenger side when the tank is full. Just food for thought....also check that your air pressure in the tires are equal left to right....I know this sounds stupid but........

Last edited:
Reactions: Buurma and Tflynn
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you push it straight and it stays? Are your wheels pointing straight

advertisement
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Mine 1000 seems to lean to the right, but so did my 700, and Rhino before that. I assumed it was because my barn floor was unlevel. It is a concrete floor, and looks very level until you park a sxs on it.

I did some measuring one day and the passenger side was about 1 inch lower. So I got out the level. The floor was level at the front wheels, but not at the rear wheels. That made it sag slightly on the passengers side.

Try backing it in to the same spot and see if it changes

Hope this helps

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
When I took delivery the alignment was very of. Wheel had to be about 45° to the left to drive straight. Service department pulled the steering wheel and set it straight.
Fuel is a good idea. I always keep it full.
I have yet to tinker with it.

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
Update:
I pulled a sway bar end link today. It's not binding. And I didn't have to force it back in its home
All my tie pressures are the same on each side. 10 up front and 12 in rear
I put a level on it (sorry for the blurry photo)

KIMG0744

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Mine 1000 seems to lean to the right, but so did my 700, and Rhino before that. I assumed it was because my barn floor was unlevel. It is a concrete floor, and looks very level until you park a sxs on it.

I did some measuring one day and the passenger side was about 1 inch lower. So I got out the level. The floor was level at the front wheels, but not at the rear wheels. That made it sag slightly on the passengers side.

Try backing it in to the same spot and see if it changes

Hope this helps
I backed mine into the barn just for giggles, and it leaned the opposite way meaning that it is my floor that is unlevel.
Looking at just the floor with nothing on it, it looks perfectly level....but it's not.

Reactions: Tflynn
Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
No matter where I park it she doesn't sit level.
Called my dealer, they can't tell me what to look for besides the same things I've already checked.
In reality if none of my parts are bent/stretched/broken there's nothing I will be able to do under warranty

T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I took delivery the alignment was very of. Wheel had to be about 45° to the left to drive straight. Service department pulled the steering wheel and set it straight.
Fuel is a good idea. I always keep it full.
I have yet to tinker with it.
Your steering wheel was "off" from day 1? So is mine! Guess I'll open a new thread on it.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I wouldn't touch nothing take it to dealer every nut and bolt has paint on it if paint is not lined up your warrenty can be void just saying

Reactions: uconn411
T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wouldn't touch nothing take it to dealer every nut and bolt has paint on it if paint is not lined up your warrenty can be void just saying
Dealer is 50 miles away...in the meantime I see that the problem may not be that rare. The machine "tracks" good, just the steering wheel says it is is 3 o'clock instead of noon.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Dealer is 50 miles away...in the meantime I see that the problem may not be that rare. The machine "tracks" good, just the steering wheel says it is is 3 o'clock instead of noon.
Hey I'm just saying every nut and bolt is painted by honda when that paint is not lined up they know it these big companies don't make money off of warrenty they will try to sh!! You

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!