BOX1

Talon Doesn't Fit :(

OldTruckie

OldTruckie

Feb 13, 2017
Bullhead City, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found a Talon "R" model. Loved the look but when I went to try it on, it doesn't fit, just as just about all other "sport" model SxS's. I'm 6'4" and my right knee hit right at the round plastic around the ignition key housing. Unless it had significant padding it would never work. Disappointed. Guess I'll have to stick with my Pioneer 1000-5.

J

JTW

Found a Talon "R" model. Loved the look but when I went to try it on, it doesn't fit, just as just about all other "sport" model SxS's. I'm 6'4" and my right knee hit right at the round plastic around the ignition key housing. Unless it had significant padding it would never work. Disappointed. Guess I'll have to stick with my Pioneer 1000-5.
Heat gun and some pressure?

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm 6' tall. I would have bought a Pioneer a couple years ago but there was just enough room for me to fit, with less than an inch from my knees to the hard dash. Definitely a safety problem if stopping fast or hitting something. The talon has plenty of clearance for my knees. And just enough overall leg length to the floor.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
At 6'4" also I have noticed my knee contacting the dash near the ignition key. I fabd up a gas peddle extention to help keep my foot more parallel to the floorboard. This has helped me not have to lean my knee against the tunnel.

P

Puller810

Apr 14, 2019
MICHIGAN
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm 6'2 and its certainly a tight fit. Seems they could have easily made the cockpit fit bigger guys but nope. Pretty sure it was designed for people 5'10 or less lol! Still like mine alot though, might have to make some mods for room though.

Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I have the same problem I'm 6'3"with 36 inch inseam on my legs, it's not Uncomfortable to ride. I've ridden over 50 miles a day a couple times and was comfortable.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
You can shim the seat up about 1/4 inch and that may help some. You can shim it with a couple of 2x4's to see if that would help before making seat spacers but up and back may be possible.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm 6'2 and its certainly a tight fit. Seems they could have easily made the cockpit fit bigger guys but nope. Pretty sure it was designed for people 5'10 or less lol! Still like mine alot though, might have to make some mods for room though.

My neighbor wants and R, but he’s @6’ and 325# so he’s buying a 1000-5. He said “it’s a sport guess it’s for a quarterback and not a defensive end.”

I’m 6’2 200# and other than needing a pad on the console I thought it fit pretty well when I drove @my99svt machine.

Reactions: my99svt
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Not everyone is Asian sized and you would think Honda would test fit us bigger/taller guys in their new ride but I guess not!

Reactions: nitrotmann and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not everyone is Asian sized and you would think Honda would test fit us bigger/taller guys in their new ride but I guess not!

As of 2019:
"Average" American Male is 5' 9" and 190#.

"Average" Japanese Male is 5' 7" and 165#.

Not that much difference in size for the average, while at 6'2" 200# even I can say it could use a bit more room, a mass produced product has to be produced for the "average" user. I can't say for sure since @my99svt had his seat set where he wanted it and were about the same size, so I didn't move it, with the seat sliders you'd think it'd be slightly more adjustable, height wise.

I did really like it and driving the Pioneer felt like I was driving from the top of a barstool after driving the Talon.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
As of 2019:

Not that much difference in size for the average, while at 6'2" 200# even I can say it could use a bit more room, a mass produced product has to be produced for the "average" user. I can't say for sure since @my99svt had his seat set where he wanted it and were about the same size, so I didn't move it, with the seat sliders you'd think it'd be slightly more adjustable, height wise.

I did really like it and driving the Pioneer felt like I was driving from the top of a barstool after driving the Talon.

Again, at 6'4" (235 lbs.) I can get reasonably comfortable, but would definitely appreciate a bit more room. I may be looking at any opportunity to eek out a little more leg room by moving the seat rails as far back as possible (don't know if that's even possible). My knees are a little higher than I'd prefer, but it's definitely manageable. Anyone bigger than me may certainly have insurmountable issues.

Steve

Reactions: ohanacreek
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
As of 2019:

The seat was adjusted all the way back. I'm 6' and it fit me perfect. I could care less if anyone else fits! ;-)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The seat was adjusted all the way back. I'm 6' and it fit me perfect. I could care less if anyone else fits! ;-)

HAHAHA you you didn't buy a $20k plus machine for anyone else! Although if your wife has anything to say she may be running over the Pioneer on "accident" ....make sure to upload the video please.

The shoulder harness straps were annoying but it was your machine and I wasn't adjusting it for me. Thanks for letting me take it for a spin...I hate you because I have to find a way to justify one.

Reactions: my99svt
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
HAHAHA you you didn't buy a $20k plus machine for anyone else! Although if your wife has anything to say she may be running over the Pioneer on "accident" ....make sure to upload the video please.

The shoulder harness straps were annoying but it was your machine and I wasn't adjusting it for me. Thanks for letting me take it for a spin...I hate you because I have to find a way to justify one.
Oh yeah, that reminds me - @my99svt when you reverse the new Talon and climb the washer/dryer and on up the wall, make sure to post that security cam footage again! That was hilarious!!

R

rblack22

Nov 26, 2015
I'm 6' tall. I would have bought a Pioneer a couple years ago but there was just enough room for me to fit, with less than an inch from my knees to the hard dash. Definitely a safety problem if stopping fast or hitting something. The talon has plenty of clearance for my knees. And just enough overall leg length to the floor.
Good to know, I'm a 6'r and wondered that. I sat in a Yamaha Wolverine and found it quite cramped. My P5 is barely adequate, ergonomically speaking

R

rblack22

Nov 26, 2015
As of 2019:

Awesome, so glad to know I'm at least above average somewhere

Reactions: ohanacreek
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I'm 6'1" and hit my knee on the side of the console/ transmission tunnel. After the first 40 mile ride my knee was hurting. I ordered some 10mm thick foam padding from 3M and plan to put it everywhere my knees rest. I'm comfortable resting my knees there, just not when it bounces lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm 6'1" and hit my knee on the side of the console/ transmission tunnel. After the first 40 mile ride my knee was hurting. I ordered some 10mm thick foam padding from 3M and plan to put it everywhere my knees rest. I'm comfortable resting my knees there, just not when it bounces lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I did. You can see my remedy here:

Knee padding for us long-legged drivers

Steve

Reactions: Choped5er
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Again, at 6'4" (235 lbs.) I can get reasonably comfortable, but would definitely appreciate a bit more room. I may be looking at any opportunity to eek out a little more leg room by moving the seat rails as far back as possible (don't know if that's even possible). My knees are a little higher than I'd prefer, but it's definitely manageable. Anyone bigger than me may certainly have insurmountable issues.

Steve
You cannot move the rails straight back, I tried (I am also in the 6' 4" 200+ category). There is a crossbar directly behind the seat rails. The only way I can see is to move the seat up about 1.5 inches then the rails will go up over the crossbar and back about another half inch.

As an experiment, I put my seat on 2x4's laying flat and pushed it back as far as possible. Made a noticible difference in leg room but then it raises the center of gravity. Decisions, descisions!!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!