P1000 Door and dump bed rattle fix

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I first tried to adjust the black door bumpers out as far as possible........ didn’t work.

Next, I installed a self-adhesive rubber bumper on the frame opposite the factory door bumper. I thought when both would meet with the door closed that would take up the give between the door and frame that the factory bumper doesn’t address.......didn’t work.

Lastly I looked a little closer and found out that the door catch and frame receiver are both metal. So when you drive your vehicle the door rattle comes from the two metal pieces hitting each other when the door is closed.

So what I did was to wrap the door frame catches with black electrical tape and also the dump bed catch. Now there is no metal on metal rattle anymore.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but this worked for me. Hope this simple fix helps out.

Reactions: Isaiah
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried that, It will work for a little bit, but will need to be redone periodically. Now I just deal with it apparently.

Reactions: Isaiah
Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried that, It will work for a little bit, but will need to be redone periodically. Now I just deal with it apparently.

Yeah, I noticed some fraying of the tape but fix does work. Just think of this as a preventative maintenance that needs to be done periodically.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s amazing to me how different one of these machines is when compared to another, seemingly identical one. I adjusted the rubber stoppers on the doors and I’ve been rattle free for hundreds of miles now. To get rid of the bed rattle I adjusted the bed latches, and just like the doors it’s been rattle free for hundreds of miles now. And these are mostly bumpy trail miles, not smooth dirt road miles.

Reactions: BigOL3
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My door bumpers stopped the rattle when adjusted properly. I put a piece of 3/8" braided hose on the rod for the bed latch and held it on with a couple wraps of electrical tape and that fixed the bed rattle.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RB3offroad door bushings work Great! just go to wellerracing to order them.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s amazing to me how different one of these machines is when compared to another, seemingly identical one. I adjusted the rubber stoppers on the doors and I’ve been rattle free for hundreds of miles now. To get rid of the bed rattle I adjusted the bed latches, and just like the doors it’s been rattle free for hundreds of miles now. And these are mostly bumpy trail miles, not smooth dirt road miles.
The same here, except on the drivers side I had to glue an extra piece of padding to take up the slack, or the rubber stopper would have to been screwed out to it limit.

Reactions: dilligaff82
J

JB1000

Feb 24, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine rattles as well, when you guys say you adjusted the doors what all did you have to do. Thanks

advertisement
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine rattles as well, when you guys say you adjusted the doors what all did you have to do. Thanks
I just adjusted the rubber stoppers until the door had to be almost slammed to latch all the way. Works great as long as the door is closed all the way. If it isn't fully latched it rattles quite a bit.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I went out to a pick and pull wrecking yard and got longer softer rubber bumpers from the trunk of an Acura RL. They stay in and works awesome. They were free after the 2$ entry fee.
I’d suggest bringing one in and comparing it on different models on hatch/trunk and hood,I know some Nissans work too.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I went out to a pick and pull wrecking yard and got longer softer rubber bumpers from the trunk of an Acura RL. They stay in and works awesome. They were free after the 2$ entry fee.
I’d suggest bringing one in and comparing it on different models on hatch/trunk and hood,I know some Nissans work too.

Excellent idear!

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!