P1000 2022 P1000-3 Dump Bed Rattle

S

symphony

Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had originally thought that the loud rattle I'm experiencing on my new P1000 was coming from the door latches but have traced it down to the bed latches on both sides of the dump bed. It appears that the bed latches are allowing the bed to vibrate when latched causing a rather loud rattling sound when travelling over uneven terrain.

Is there a way to adjust the latches so that they hold the bed firmer in place? I was thinking of using some rubber tubing over the latching mechanism to help stop the metal-on-metal contact? Anyone else experience the same issue?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is there a way to adjust the latches so that they hold the bed firmer in place? I was thinking of using some rubber tubing over the latching mechanism to help stop the metal-on-metal contact? Anyone else experience the same issue?
Do a search up top, its been covered multiple times since 16’

We will ask u again as well…
We are visual intolerant
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
of your rig ;)

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
cut yourself about 1 inch for each side of fuel line (1/4" ID or so) split it and slide it over the latch bar and zip tie into place... That search box in Upper Right as Sheriff Remy suggested is a treasure trove of information that will save you a lot of time and ribbin'! There's good illustrations and even videos of how to do exactly this. works for the doors too BTW.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That search box in Upper Right as Sheriff Remy suggested
Thats Deputy Fife! 😂

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I feel like mine rattles at the back, maybe the tailgate bushings (or lack there of) but I may be wrong. Drives me crazy but in reality it isn’t a Cadillac so I just deal with it.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had originally thought that the loud rattle I'm experiencing on my new P1000 was coming from the door latches but have traced it down to the bed latches on both sides of the dump bed. It appears that the bed latches are allowing the bed to vibrate when latched causing a rather loud rattling sound when travelling over uneven terrain.

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Bed Noise

S

symphony

Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 2022 may have a different latch based on some of the videos and pictures I've seen? As some of you have suggested, I took some 1/4 inch fuel line and fitted it over the latch pin and the rattle is gone.

Honda P1000 Latch
Honda P1000

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!