BOX1

Door Netting - Stay or Go

Blacklab16671

Blacklab16671

Jan 18, 2023
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ride with the wife and kids pretty much always, took my net off day one but always put down the rears for the kids and wife uses hers pretty often too. We ride a lot of tight brush trails so they do come in handy. You can always strap'm up outta the way..........my 2 cents
I have not been on any trails to date but that is in my future. I didn't realize branches were such an issue. This makes me consider tying them up so they are available "should" I (or the wife) ever decide to use them. My only trail experience to date is taking the Jeep on Parson's Branch Road off of Cades Cove in TN. We also took a guided Jeep trail in TN and the guide made a wrong turn and took us on a horse trail. Good times!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine is only a 2 seater. I do plan on taking the labs and that is one of my future problems to solve. I wish there was a net system like is available for a Jeep Wrangler. I have looked but have not found anything yet.
3 seater with labs! I couldn't fathom that! U should see my wife in Hr:rolleyes: @Russ989 Talon with my lab in the passenger seat. Complete $hit show 😂 glad we have a P1K5

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Richard Petty would say keep the netting. Petty hit a concrete barrier hard at Darlington in a 1970 Plymouth and a portion of his upper body was dangling out of the car. Scary video to watch. Shortly afterward Nascar implemented the window netting. I'm personally keeping mine.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Richard Petty would say keep the netting. Petty hit a concrete barrier hard at Darlington in a 1970 Plymouth and a portion of his upper body was dangling out of the car. Scary video to watch. Shortly afterward Nascar implemented the window netting. I'm personally keeping mine.
In that case Id say yes, but we aint going at that speed nor are taking it to a track with walls 🤣 But we get your point

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
"In that case Id say yes, but we aint going at that speed nor are taking it to a track with walls 🤣 But we get your point"

When he was partially ejected it was after he hit the wall and went into a concrete barrier. The vehicle had slowed down by then. You are correct though, no walls to hit, no problem. Trees at 50 MPH are much more forgiving. My bad.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have not been on any trails to date but that is in my future. I didn't realize branches were such an issue. This makes me consider tying them up so they are available "should" I (or the wife) ever decide to use them. My only trail experience to date is taking the Jeep on Parson's Branch Road off of Cades Cove in TN. We also took a guided Jeep trail in TN and the guide made a wrong turn and took us on a horse trail. Good times!
Was the guides name @JACKAL ?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think there is any trail systems that require them. For safety they are designed to keep you and your body parts in the machine. When I first got my pioneer I wanted to take them off. After the first trail my wife and I rode we realized they were so nice to keep sticks out of your face. I roll mine up and away using bungee balls.

Post #8

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
"In that case Id say yes, but we aint going at that speed nor are taking it to a track with walls 🤣 But we get your point"

When he was partially ejected it was after he hit the wall and went into a concrete barrier. The vehicle had slowed down by then. You are correct though, no walls to hit, no problem. Trees at 50 MPH are much more forgiving. My bad.
I must say, thats a cleaver way to quote someones post without tagging them. Good thing I came back to this thread or I would have never known 🤔

Yeah I'm well aware of his crash. We had a pick of it (the aftermath) in our Fab shop when I worked at Roush. That said, If your doing 50+ on our sugar sand 30’+ wide trails your foot is mashed and sucking precious petro and doing the boogie woogie swerve. once more if your that close to a tree doing that on our trails and u loose it, u deserve what u have coming cuz u know what could happen.
Not all trail systems are the same. You do what you feel is best for you friend.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On many occasions I was not going fast at all and yet, the nets helped keep my dog inside when I flopped on my side. Also it helps with branches and other things from slapping you in the face. Even if you’re going slow. If you break down in the wilderness you can use them to catch fish…

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep my nets on my P1k5 because the trails where I ride can get overgrown and they keep the branches and sticker bushes from hitting passengers. If I rode wide open spaces I would take them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
You do what you feel is best for you friend.

Thanks for the permission. Lots of drama in that single paragraph. I doubt I attempt any of that no time soon. A little history of window netting might of been interesting to somebody. So I thought?

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
No fun being slapped by that branch you didn't see. We use the nets once in awhile for the kids riding in the back seats, otherwise we never use them, we try to be careful with those branches. We do have all the nets on the machine, just wrapped up.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!