P1000m5 Door pin bushings

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the RB3's (haven't installed them yet, but will). I think RB3's design, with nesting halves that allow for a flange on both ends of the bushing, is better. That said, RB3 is using black Delrin while Garage Products is using oil filled UHMM. UHMW is more wear resistant to grit and grime, being up to 20 times more so than carbon steel. However, Delrin is structurally stronger and more creep resistant. I've used both, but not sure which would be better in this application . . . though I'd tend to lean towards the UHMW.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we have been using them for 5 yrs and not 1 fail... I stand behind ours 100%

To be clear, I wasn't meaning to disparage your product in any way. I looked at yours and thought, I'll "simply" make my own, as I have a lathe (not CNC) and Delrin on the shelf. But for the time it would take me to do so, it made more sense to buy yours. :)
The fit of your nesting bushing halves couldn't be better and the overall quality is obvious.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!