P700 Door question for my new 700-4 deluxe

L

Leadman2

Mar 2, 2021
Illinois USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
New to the forum and glad to be able to read stuff from others. Bought my machine new and so far did my own turn signals( required in my town) , a windshield and a roof. I’m wanting to get anyone’s advice on doors . I was looking at some that added to the existing doors that had pvc body and canvas and zipper windows. Any thoughts and advice appreciated.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I cant help with upper doors (see them a good bit but havent researched them) but I can welcome you to the forums from the southern most point of Indiana.

Reactions: Leadman2
Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the half doors from Honda, we really like them. These have been cut down 6.5" to match the chop top. They are a must in the fall and winter on Windrock or in the Ozarks. We treated them with the water proofing for the canvas, and I use a light coat of pam cooking spray before each ride, it helps the Mud let go without staining. This door is 2 years old and been on multiple rides. It takes less that a minute get to get them on or off. When they are on, they keep the inside warm, enough that everyone thinks its got a heater. They seal pretty good and do well in the rain, but you will get a drip or 2 here and there, especially at higher speeds, as the water tracks.
I fought against them, but my wife rides with me everywhere, and on cooler club rides, Im glad we got them. I leave them in the toyhauler most of the summer, unless it looks like rain. They were expensive, but depending on your intention, they are well worth it, if comfort is is needed or wanted. Go ahead and plan on getting the rear window canvas as well, It ties it all together very nicely.
Door4
Door3

L

Leadman2

Mar 2, 2021
Illinois USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the half doors from Honda, we really like them. These have been cut down 6.5" to match the chop top. They are a must in the fall and winter on Windrock or in the Ozarks. We treated them with the water proofing for the canvas, and I use a light coat of pam cooking spray before each ride, it helps the Mud let go without staining. This door is 2 years old and been on multiple rides. It takes less that a minute get to get them on or off. When they are on, they keep the inside warm, enough that everyone thinks its got a heater. They seal pretty good and do well in the rain, but you will get a drip or 2 here and there, especially at higher speeds, as the water tracks.
I fought against them, but my wife rides with me everywhere, and on cooler club rides, Im glad we got them. I leave them in the toyhauler most of the summer, unless it looks like rain. They were expensive, but depending on your intention, they are well worth it, if comfort is is needed or wanted. Go ahead and plan on getting the rear window canvas as well, It ties it all together very nicely.View attachment 259670View attachment 259669
These are for the 700-4? I’ve been looking at genuine Honda but their site always routes me to ones for a Honda pioneer 1000. Did you buy from your dealer, or another site? You said expensive and I know that’s true, but, I’m keeping this machine for many years and I want to keep the cold and elements out when needed.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Hand between the great lakes!

Nice to see the specimen at hand!
Pics or it didnt happen! :cool:

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
These are for the 700-4? I’ve been looking at genuine Honda but their site always routes me to ones for a Honda pioneer 1000. Did you buy from your dealer, or another site? You said expensive and I know that’s true, but, I’m keeping this machine for many years and I want to keep the cold and elements out when needed.
Yes that is the 700-4, I ordered them thru the dealer direct, they were in the $800 range. They are as durable as anything else if taken care of. Condition them, clean them and maintain them, and they will last as long as anything else. The canvas will dry rot over years without conditioning. We use the water repellent and conditioner that is made for jeeps. It works great.

Dupoky

Dupoky

Jan 19, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I fought against them, but my wife rides with me everywhere, and on cooler club rides, Im glad we got them. I leave them in the toyhauler most of the summer, unless it looks like rain. They were expensive, but depending on your intention, they are well worth it, if comfort is is needed or wanted. Go ahead and plan on getting the rear window canvas as well, It ties it all together very nicely.View attachment 259670View attachment 259669
How did you do the inside attachment. I have bought the same doors and am looking for a better way than honda gives for attachment. Can you post a pic of the inside. Thanks in advance

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used the factory hardware. I did drill them one size bigger to use a larger rivet.
I had reservations too, But they have proven themselves to be very durable. I have had the doors on and off too many times to count with no issues. My only advise is to remove the skin so the frame can be lined up super straight for the door threading bung. I ended up having to drill my frame a little cause i missed the location due to a piece of fabric. But when the doors are mounted, the way they hook and slide into the channels on the door, they become very sturdy. when the door is shut, there is enough bow into the door, that it all becomes a very solid structure. even after chopping my doors 6", they still operate like the factory. You will be happy with it once they are mounted. Sorry for the cheesy pic, but its the only one I had of the inside!

Door2 Door

Reactions: Dupoky
Dupoky

Dupoky

Jan 19, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the reply. Wanted to be able to remove easily.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!