Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I've recently converted to a doors/soft cab kind of guy. I have to say... you 'doors' guys were right. It's so nice to go for a messy ride and come home warm, clean and dry.
Glad to see the conversion Piston. From your first post in this thread a few years ago, I would have thought we’d never see doors on your ride...:)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Glad to see the conversion Piston. From your first post in this thread a few years ago, I would have thought we’d never see doors on your ride...:)
Haha, same for me! It may have something to do with riding in a comfortable machine now. Heat is next!

Reactions: Montecresto
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, same for me! It may have something to do with riding in a comfortable machine now. Heat is next!

I purchased a heated seat cover that plugs into the power supply works good, that and proper winter gear and away I go... trails by me are open except the month of April for the spring thaw

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
And does that have to be a recurring frustration every time they are removed for trailering and summer???

Somewhat, you get pretty good at it after a couple times and you realize some gaps are just gonna happen, but I get mine to fit pretty good and even with the slight gaps it’s way better than no doors for winter riding for sure

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I have the fabric doors along with the Honda windshield and roof. The first time I installed the doors I was not happy with the fit. I took it to the Honda shop and they said that's about as good as it gets. However, a couple years later, the wind caught and sprung the passenger door while I was hauling it on a trailer. All I needed was the metal support inside the fabric door that allows the door to pivot open and closed. I had the part # but could not get anyone to sell it to me. You can not buy just one door either. That's poor customer support in my opinion. I had to buy both doors to get out of the mess. Talk about frustration!!!

Anyway, I was somehow hoping Honda had reconfigured the door for a better fit so I bought the doors. However, the new doors were exactly like the old doors. Surprisingly, I got it to fit quite well. In my case, what made the difference was leaving the clamps loose enough that I could make them pivot left-right on fabric door frame while holding the fabric door on the front corner with my other hand. Before, I was trying to get the door to fit by wiggling them up and down on the fabric door frame and tugging on them. Thinking it was pure luck, I took off my other old door and put it back on using the same technique. BINGO! Once you get the fit as good as you can, do not let go of the front of the door until you use your other hand to snug up the middle clamp.

It still took a small (3") length of 2 inch pipe foam insulation on the frame support to close the gap near the front bottom corners of the windshield. I zipped tied the pipe insulation on. But now I don't have the gaps along the top of the windows or along the front of the door. So it can be done and improved on a lot, at least in my case. I am very happy with the fit now.

Another hint if you have the Honda windshield--open the windshield and run a 1 inch piece of pipe insulation foam along both side edges of the windshield. When you close the windshield and snug it down, it seals off that gap.

Another hint, I took the plastic windblocks off both fabric doors. They were a pain and they did not line up with the windshield supports when you got the door to fit and vice versa. Maybe someone else can get them to work, but I never could.

It's still not a design up to normal Honda standards. But, be patient, take a break, and hold your mouth differently. Good luck.

I took off the plastic wind block and cut the adjusting slots a bit wider and longer so I had more adjustment and it works ok

D

Deleted member 3748

I purchased a heated seat cover that plugs into the power supply works good, that and proper winter gear and away I go... trails by me are open except the month of April for the spring thaw
We've been bundling up and riding year round in an open cab. I'm just getting spoiled now. ;)

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Can anyone suggest some good places to buy doors for the P500 online? You are welcome to PM the information as well.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Where’d you get your doors at??

R

rd7fox

Aug 22, 2014
Doors came from Rocky Mountain ATV. Hard to beat their service and price. They matched the price I found at a competitor so I was glad to stay with Rocky Mt. Free shipping too. They seem to have hands-on-experience with what they sell too. I've been well satisfied with all my purchases there.

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 1766
IMG 1767
After reading all the posts on the P500 door issues, decided to make a go at making my own. I wanted doors that I can easily and quickly put on and remove if the weather turns bad while in the field. I have a ways to go to get a finished product I like, but I've got it started. The door will be attached using heavy duty Velcro, the door will be a zipper. I'll use 4 buckle and straps to make sure it doesn't depart on the go. And when I don't need the door I'll be able to remove it quickly, fold it up and put in my cargo box. I bought the material, Velcro, zippers and clear plastic at Walmart for about $60.00. I'll be giving it the old field test during the next month while hunting in Idaho and Colorado.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
View attachment 90888 View attachment 90889 After reading all the posts on the P500 door issues, decided to make a go at making my own. I wanted doors that I can easily and quickly put on and remove if the weather turns bad while in the field. I have a ways to go to get a finished product I like, but I've got it started. The door will be attached using heavy duty Velcro, the door will be a zipper. I'll use 4 buckle and straps to make sure it doesn't depart on the go. And when I don't need the door I'll be able to remove it quickly, fold it up and put in my cargo box. I bought the material, Velcro, zippers and clear plastic at Walmart for about $60.00. I'll be giving it the old field test during the next month while hunting in Idaho and Colorado.
Interesting, it looks like there was sewing involved. Did you have any help from mama on that?? Nice idea!!! :)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 90888 View attachment 90889 After reading all the posts on the P500 door issues, decided to make a go at making my own. I wanted doors that I can easily and quickly put on and remove if the weather turns bad while in the field. I have a ways to go to get a finished product I like, but I've got it started. The door will be attached using heavy duty Velcro, the door will be a zipper. I'll use 4 buckle and straps to make sure it doesn't depart on the go. And when I don't need the door I'll be able to remove it quickly, fold it up and put in my cargo box. I bought the material, Velcro, zippers and clear plastic at Walmart for about $60.00. I'll be giving it the old field test during the next month while hunting in Idaho and Colorado.

Looks pretty good, should keep ya warm in the winter

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I found this pricy cab on eBay and looked them up, for those that want a more sealed cab
Alumilte Armor
Oh yeah, that’s been posted here for years. Don’t know of anyone that’s bought one, pricey. :eek:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!