P500 Doors on a P500

Cathead

Cathead

Nov 23, 2015
Anyone have the doors from Honda on there P500? Are they worth the money. Thanks Jake

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Waiting for reply also...seems like half the people love them the other half hates them.....

D

Deleted member 3748

Waiting for reply also...seems like half the people love them the other half hates them.....

Doors

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I have them. Can say that they work fairly well.
I will not have any sxs without a cab from now on.
BUT the fit does have room for improvement.
they do leave some fairly good sized gaps at the front.
And you cannot trailer with them on the machine.
However if you dress for the outside temps they seal up
well enough to keep you pretty comfy.
Cant say if they were worth the price but there are limited
options and you gotta pay if you wanna play.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have them and like , this is only option I found when I bought P500. I trailer with them @ 60 mph, no problem. Just have to lock them and push a bit front edge inside.

Reactions: SBuckJ
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
My P500 is my daily driver. It's cold and raining/snowing/sleeting about 250 days per year up here on my little island. Wouldn't have it without the doors. They may not be perfect, but they block 90% of the crap I'm trying to avoid. Ha! Seriously, I can run to the store or to church without having to dress like I'm practicing for the Iditarod. I have found that a strategically placed tarp strap helps with the "bellowing" in high winds, and some foam pipe insulation is a great way to seal up the bigger "leaks". It's not a Cadillac, but it's a hell of a lot better than walking or fighting the elements on an ATV.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm just playin' guys... I don't think doors are for sissies. ;)

However, I was driving on the interstate in my F150 and it was snowing like hell. Six inches of snow on the road, no tire tracks in the left lane, I didn't see another car for 30 minutes, and I was driving in 4WD. It was a little tense. I was sitting inside, no jacket, podcast playing on the radio, sitting in my La-Z-Boy (front seat), sipping coffee... I thought, if I want to go off-road in comfort, I'll drive this. I'll skip the doors on the Pioneer and enjoy some nature (sticks hitting my face) while I ride.

Reactions: 100Acre and SBuckJ
M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone have the doors from Honda on there P500? Are they worth the money. Thanks Jake

I know this is an old tread....however I just purchased the doors for our 15P5. I would be remiss if I said I was happy! The finish & quality are very much Honda Quality......THE FIT....well that is most definately NOT HONDA QUALITY especially for the cost. I would encourage anyone wanting doors to investigate other options even to designing and building your own....Just my opinion.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I know this is an old tread....however I just purchased the doors for our 15P5. I would be remiss if I said I was happy! The finish & quality are very much Honda Quality......THE FIT....well that is most definately NOT HONDA QUALITY especially for the cost. I would encourage anyone wanting doors to investigate other options even to designing and building your own....Just my opinion.
It takes a lot of adjusting to get them right but once you do the only area i have with a gap is the very front and there a piece of pipe insulation fixes that. However getting them on and adjusted correctly can be frustrating.

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
It takes a lot of adjusting to get them right but once you do the only area i have with a gap is the very front and there a piece of pipe insulation fixes that. However getting them on and adjusted correctly can be frustrating.

Have put in approx. 6 hours trying to make these doors even close to right? But I bought them-would not recommend to anyone! Again Just my opinion....I have always been a Honda purist when it comes to accessories, they always fit & are very reliable. But the door option-not so much. Still want an ORANGE one.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I don't ride in the middle of winter, if I wanted to I would have not sold my snowmobiles, which at one time I thought they were the best part of winter but I guess I outgrew that crap plus it does not make sense to have to put your beer on the motor to keep it from freezing.

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I don't ride in the middle of winter, if I wanted to I would have not sold my snowmobiles, which at one time I thought they were the best part of winter but I guess I outgrew that crap plus it does not make sense to have to put your beer on the motor to keep it from freezing.

gave up on the snow playing a long time ago! I am a fare weather sportsman....

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Given at they are about the ONLY option for these its either a love it or hate it thing! I've had them and they do okay for keeping the majority of the cold air off ya. But you will get cold leaking in around perimeter all the time! For the price, they aren't too bad.. Good luck

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just spent almost 800 bucks on doors the rear window and the towable cover for my 17 p500 I live in Michigan where we have about 6 months of colder weather and I would do it again I love them
I think it's a matter of whether you can get by without them or not
I just know that it's a lot more comfortable when there is a chill in the air
20180929 183455
20180929 183436

R

rd7fox

Aug 22, 2014
I have the fabric doors along with the Honda windshield and roof. The first time I installed the doors I was not happy with the fit. I took it to the Honda shop and they said that's about as good as it gets. However, a couple years later, the wind caught and sprung the passenger door while I was hauling it on a trailer. All I needed was the metal support inside the fabric door that allows the door to pivot open and closed. I had the part # but could not get anyone to sell it to me. You can not buy just one door either. That's poor customer support in my opinion. I had to buy both doors to get out of the mess. Talk about frustration!!!

Anyway, I was somehow hoping Honda had reconfigured the door for a better fit so I bought the doors. However, the new doors were exactly like the old doors. Surprisingly, I got it to fit quite well. In my case, what made the difference was leaving the clamps loose enough that I could make them pivot left-right on fabric door frame while holding the fabric door on the front corner with my other hand. Before, I was trying to get the door to fit by wiggling them up and down on the fabric door frame and tugging on them. Thinking it was pure luck, I took off my other old door and put it back on using the same technique. BINGO! Once you get the fit as good as you can, do not let go of the front of the door until you use your other hand to snug up the middle clamp.

It still took a small (3") length of 2 inch pipe foam insulation on the frame support to close the gap near the front bottom corners of the windshield. I zipped tied the pipe insulation on. But now I don't have the gaps along the top of the windows or along the front of the door. So it can be done and improved on a lot, at least in my case. I am very happy with the fit now.

Another hint if you have the Honda windshield--open the windshield and run a 1 inch piece of pipe insulation foam along both side edges of the windshield. When you close the windshield and snug it down, it seals off that gap.

Another hint, I took the plastic windblocks off both fabric doors. They were a pain and they did not line up with the windshield supports when you got the door to fit and vice versa. Maybe someone else can get them to work, but I never could.

It's still not a design up to normal Honda standards. But, be patient, take a break, and hold your mouth differently. Good luck.

O

Outlander

Oct 6, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think I'm going to see if I can bubble boy something with clear poly and adhesive velcro this Fall.

/ Moops

D

Deleted member 3748

I've recently converted to a doors/soft cab kind of guy. I have to say... you 'doors' guys were right. It's so nice to go for a messy ride and come home warm, clean and dry.

Reactions: 100Acre
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And does that have to be a recurring frustration every time they are removed for trailering and summer???

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!