Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I see STI is now offering an 8 ply DOT certified Tire for UTV's These may work out great for those that have to have DOT tires as a condition to be street legal.

Called the Chicane the 28 x 10 x 14 weight less than 32 lbs. ! That should let the P1000 boogie.

Chicane | STI Tire and Wheel | Tires & Wheels for ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles
STI Chicane RX tires

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

Those are exactly the tires I've been contemplating for my 1000. Thinking about putting them on a STI HD Beadlock (black) wheel. I had STI Roctane XDs on the 700 and they were fabulous tires.

Attachments

• Pioneer5.jpg
    Pioneer5.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: sajnaj
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The Roctanes look like a good tire for me. They are similar to the Evo's which is also my style.

As for DOT legal, I would like to have the ability to drive on the street legally when I need to. I just never gave it much thought since my P700 only runs 40mph

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The Roctanes look like a good tire for me. They are similar to the Evo's which is also my style.

As for DOT legal, I would like to have the ability to drive on the street legally when I need to. I just never gave it much thought since my P700 only runs 40mph

I too am a very big fan of the Roctane XD tires, they are tough, work excellent n slick rocks and even in sloppy rain drenched clay hill climbs have always managed to pull through for me. I would only go with the DOT tires if I could make it street legal and they were part of that requirement like in Utah, but I don't think they check the tires too close for compliance.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Would love to hear some feedback on these tired when someone decides to pull the trigger. Mainly how they do on slippery surfaces such as a rock face.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!