Double lift?

Toyota_Tech

Toyota_Tech

Jul 21, 2021
Olive Branch, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2021 Special edition 1000-5 in question. I already have the CATVOS 3” suspension lift installed and working great. The question is has anyone went and added a 2.5” High Lifter bracket lift on top of a suspension lift? Would I be looking for axle problems I currently do not have?

Reactions: TxDoc
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Short answer is yes. The mfg's are very close to max angle on the shafts with stock specs on all brands. You might get the max angle spec from the mfg of axle you are running (or the replacement you will buy), and do some careful measuring before you commit. If you grenade an inboard housing you can imagine the cost for all the things that can get destroyed - front OR rear. I bet you are just outside of max recommended already if the truth be known. That's the main reason portals are so popular.

WB

Toyota_Tech

Toyota_Tech

Jul 21, 2021
Olive Branch, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Short answer is yes. The mfg's are very close to max angle on the shafts with stock specs on all brands. You might get the max angle spec from the mfg of axle you are running (or the replacement you will buy), and do some careful measuring before you commit. If you grenade an inboard housing you can imagine the cost for all the things that can get destroyed - front OR rear. I bet you are just outside of max recommended already if the truth be known. That's the main reason portals are so popular.

Thanks. It’s just a cheap way to get some clearance I don’t really need. Portals are on my radar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!