P1000 Drain Holes?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Decided to wash it for the first time (useless endeavor) and noticed water puddling on the floorboards.

I was a bit shocked there were no drain holes in the floor boards that I have seen on many other models including of course, my Massimo :)

Having to sweep the water out is not what I envisioned so I am thinking of taking my drill and popping some holes thru the floor.

Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Decided to wash it for the first time (useless endeavor) and noticed water puddling on the floorboards.

I was a bit shocked there were no drain holes in the floor boards that I have seen on many other models including of course, my Massimo :)

Having to sweep the water out is not what I envisioned so I am thinking of taking my drill and popping some holes thru the floor.

Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?
As you may know there are items that travel from the front to the engine area underneath the floor board such as the radiator coolant lines, air filter duct & wiring. Would remove floor & look first if that is really what you want to. As w/ anytime you need to drill a hole -know what is behind what you are drilling.
Now like you I spray mine out w/ a water hose, heck I spray down the entire cab area. It is designed to handle being wet but @ any rate it dry's out pretty quick in this climate so has not been an issue. Good luck & be careful not to drill into the previously mentioned if you decide to do so

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I also thought about doing the same for the rear seating floor area because it trapped water as well, but... Changed my mind! By parking with the front slightly elevated it helps.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wash and then take it for a ride to dry it out. I turn clockwise and counter clockwise to send the water out to the sides.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Accelerate hard and brake hard too will help get water out of all the little nooks and crannies and off the roof.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Delton
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, I do drive it on a concrete drive way. But I don't care much about it being showroom clean, I just get the big pieces off and then see what SuperClean does after that.

I drove it around so it doesn't leak water in my garage floor. For some reason, I don't like that.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One other question, I got aftermarket metal skid plates and he sent the OEM plastic ones. It's at the curb waiting to be picked up for Trash. I've learned over the years that keeping that kind of stuff just takes up room and I can't imagine a situation I would ever use it. Can anyone else?

advertisement
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While I'm at it, I don't like the aftermarket bench seats that go in the bed because they stick up too high and I'm afraid my grandchildren will fall out of it.

I just want a nice long seat cushion that they can sit on in the back. Has anybody come across such an animal that's the exact same width as the bed maybe a black leather?

I'm sure I can Google some out of the box type things and come across it but just wondering if anybody's crossed that bridge already and has a perfect solution?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You could wash it then blow the floorboards out with an air hose.

I'm using a pressure washer and I basically did the same thing with water. I drove it up on a couple of truck ramps and that helped immensely!!! Actually it worked perfectly.

But still think I should drill a couple of big three-quarter inch holes and put a rubber plug in it

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
One other question, I got aftermarket metal skid plates and he sent the OEM plastic ones. It's at the curb waiting to be picked up for Trash. I've learned over the years that keeping that kind of stuff just takes up room and I can't imagine a situation I would ever use it. Can anyone else?
Smart man. I too have learned more shelves only mean more stuff & no matter how big you build your shop you fill it w/"stuff". Or your wife will..... take your pic.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Accelerate hard and brake hard too will help get water out of all the little nooks and crannies and off the roof.
That is also how you get it to pop wheelies lmao. That's my excuse from now on.....I'm just dewatering my roof! Thanks for the new alibi Joey

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I used my OEM skid plate to make dash plates for my rocker switches. That material, you can score it with a utility knife and it breaks clean like plexiglass, also being plastic easy to work with. Other than that there is no need to hang onto it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I also thought about doing the same for the rear seating floor area because it trapped water as well, but... Changed my mind! By parking with the front slightly elevated it helps.
That's a good idea I've had problems getting that out too I'll try it!

Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!