DRIP EDGE

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Since winter has decided to not make an appearance this year in N.E.Michigan I have decided to spend a little time fine tuning the Talon for spring. Question I have for all you fabricators out there or you guys who think out of the box. Is there a modification I can make on the windshield gutter to reroute the rain off my roof so it doesn’t run down inside the door and onto the drivers leg. 😡 I believe this problem has been addressed before but like a dummy I can’t seam to find the thread.
I removed the window nets which might have helped to devert some of the water but that’s water under the bridge or should I say that’s water down my pants now. If any of you guys can point me in right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
49D95137 3562 4B7F A497 1DD656982C41
37B9C3EF E256 4281 BC4C 040C2CFF88FD
513E977A D3C2 48C7 B238 7CFC5C9EBA2B

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here's one -

And another -

H

hdrews91

Jun 30, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I drilled a hole on either end on the inside of the gutter and built up black silicone on the edges. smooth the edges out before letting it set up and it should look fine. This allows the rain to run down the windshield wherever you drill the holes so be aware of that when drilling holes.

Reactions: Smitty335
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
That definitely might do the trick! How big of a hole did you drill and how many? Have you had a chance to test this out while riding?

H

hdrews91

Jun 30, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I drilled 2 holes that are 1/4" diameter about 1"-1.5" from either edge. I did silicone all the way up the gutter sides and it works like a champ. You still may have a drip or two that run from the edge of the roof but not the constant annoying leg drip.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Cool idea for $45. 👍

I am interested in purchasing a set of the rain gutters but without the adhesive or tubing. Is this possible? The price for the gutters is $45.00 but when I go to order it rings up as 59.95. Same as if I am ordering both tube and adhesive. Where am I screwing up?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am interested in purchasing a set of the rain gutters but without the adhesive or tubing. Is this possible? The price for the gutters is $45.00 but when I go to order it rings up as 59.95. Same as if I am ordering both tube and adhesive. Where am I screwing up?
Hmmm, it's doing the same for me. 🤔 Looks like you'll have to call them. Let us know what you find out. 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I drilled 2 holes that are 1/4" diameter about 1"-1.5" from either edge. I did silicone all the way up the gutter sides and it works like a champ. You still may have a drip or two that run from the edge of the roof but not the constant annoying leg drip.
Got pics of this?
would like to see exactly where you drilled

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Just got off the phone with Al from Wicked Pecker Off-road. He apologized for the mixup when trying to order on line the windshield gutter drains. He believes the problem will be solved later tonight and we will be able to order just the windshield drains separately from the tubing and adhesive. I’m ordering a couple set’s tomorrow. I’ll give you a update on installation and my overall opinion on value.

Donzi

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Squeegee did this to his, maybe he'll chime in
I put silicone at end of gutter and drilled 10ish holes all the way across the gutter. We still get some leg drip though.

Reactions: Remington
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
I purchased a set yesterday. Looks like a pretty easy installation. Unfortunately living in Michigan right now it might take a while before I can give an accurate assessment as to how well they work when cruising down trails during a rain storm. If anyone else has had first hand knowledge as to how well this works I love to hear from ya.

Donzi

Reactions: Squeegee and CID
Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I purchased a set yesterday. Looks like a pretty easy installation. Unfortunately living in Michigan right now it might take a while before I can give an accurate assessment as to how well they work when cruising down trails during a rain storm. If anyone else has had first hand knowledge as to how well this works I love to hear from ya.

Donzi
Just wait a day or two we’ll have rain again 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Just wait a day or two we’ll have rain again 🤣🤣
We actually received 6” of snow last night, the first significant snow we have seen all winter. But I agree with you, give it a day or two and it will all melt and go up to 50 degrees. N.E. Michigan, the only place you can get sunburned and frost bite in the same day.