Talon Roof Drip Fix?

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
It snowed this weekend, so i thought I'd go out for a ride and see how my new windshield works. Windshield and wiper kit are great, but the roof tends to direct all water directly on my left leg. Anybody have a good fix for the roof drip issue? Can't seem to find any talk on this problem.

Reactions: Moog5050
T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is an option, just not my favorite one. Poncho over the lap would do the trick, but it sucks having to do that.

Reactions: toddvdh
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My p500 roof doesn't do that (not factory) but my Talon does . Pulled out the rain coat just after I was soaked LOL .
It doesn't rain that much here and we try to not ride in it but RAIN HAPPENS .

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran into this issue also, it needs a rain gutter of some sort. Assuming we are all talking about the oem Honda roof. I’ve thought about attaching some 2” uhmw to the side of the roof with some counter sunk hardware, and sealing the seal off with something, making run far to the front so when not or hardly moving it should drip far forward of your leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Heck , move here . California will be empty soon . They're all moving here .

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Chieftain15
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get some water proof Panty Hose and ride on...

When was the last time you drove your rig in weather where it’s slushy snow in the air but hits your machine, melts than drips onto you at about 37 degrees?

Ya sure you could wear rain gear, but for the cost of the machine, the added additional cost for Honda told mold something into the roof line to stop that from happening wouldn’t break there bank. The sister-in-laws Kawasaki has drip rails on her roof line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Very helpful, thank you. Move north a few hundred miles and let me know how that works out for you.
How about a peace of black plastic pipe (pvc) 1" , split in half and put a half on each side . Slide under roof then drill a few holes through it and the side of the roof , attache with black zip ties . If it works good , remove and file ends so it looks good then re-attache with zips or pop rivets or .......? . Just a thought .

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
Messed around with some scrap materials today. I think I'm going to design something this week and print it. The stock roof design just sucks for water.

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
It snowed this weekend, so i thought I'd go out for a ride and see how my new windshield works. Windshield and wiper kit are great, but the roof tends to direct all water directly on my left leg. Anybody have a good fix for the roof drip issue? Can't seem to find any talk on this problem.
Messed around with some scrap materials today. I think I'm going to design something this week and print it. The stock roof design just sucks for water.
Same thing happened to me ill be waiting to see what you come up with! Or if you find a good deal on those Panty Hose please post it.

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
After 4 iterations, I think i have a solution. Still need to field test it though. 3d printed them, put them in place, drilled holes, and screwed them in with 1/4-20 x 1/2" button head cap screws. Check out the pics. I'll put up the STL files tomorrow in case anybody else wants to print some. Any water that runs down to that low point on the roof goes through the channel, pops out on the roll bar, and dribbles down along the windshield. Crossing my fingers that it helps at least. 20191009 173933 20191009 173946 20191009 174012 20191009 174031

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here are the STL files if anybody else has access to a 3D printer and wants to try them out.

Attachments

• GUTTER-STL-FILES.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 407
Reactions: tjoreo and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!