Talon roof getting me soaking wet.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
What are you guys doing about the front part of the roof dumping the water right in on you and your passenger? Been out in the heavy rain twice with it, and my left leg was soaked! I have the front windshield and rear glass. Stayed pretty dry except when ever it dipped down to the left or right turn. I tried plugging both ends of the front gutter put didn't work. Do they make a better aftermarket roof with better draining?
Maybe drill holes in the front gutter to let the water run off over the windshield?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
What are you guys doing about the front part of the roof dumping the water right in on you and your passenger? Been out in the heavy rain twice with it, and my left leg was soaked! I have the front windshield and rear glass. Stayed pretty dry except when ever it dipped down to the left or right turn. I tried plugging both ends of the front gutter put didn't work. Do they make a better aftermarket roof with better draining?
Maybe drill holes in the front gutter to let the water run off over the windshield?
I filled the ends with black silicone and drilled two holes in the front lip of the roof to let the water run down the windshield .

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I looked and looked for that. Thought there was something about somewhere....thanks CID.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The Honda racing metal roof doesn’t do that. To compatible with upper doors though.

Reactions: Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Hey guys late to the party I have started making these have yet to get time to teat them out would be selling for 25 a set plus shipping once I can get time to test here is some pictures for yall to take a gander at let me know your thoughts

20220925 193635 20220925 193747 20220925 110209

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I applaud anyone who is creative enough to take on the challenge of making something like this. Both types of gutters shown here. Being in the business now of created new parts, I understand the process. Sometimes ideas just flow into a working concept and prototype quickly and easily. Then other times it's not happening.

I'll have to agree with a couple other guys here that where we ride in tight woods 99% of the time, these won't make it far. Once I had a bright idea to move my gopro mount to the A pillar sticking outside the sxs. That lasted about 30 seconds into the day when it got whipped by a tree limb spinning it out of position. I promptly removed it from that location!

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I agree, one of the reasons I have been hesitant upon bringing these to everyone's attention. That being said only weak point I am seeing is the mount these set right on a pillar and use 2screws, rivets or bolt nut combo to mount to roof I have tested part itself for durability and I can not break with running then over with machine as that do have a curve to them. They seem to be sound.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put JB weld on driver and passenger side to keep the water from pouring out on your leg, then drilled several holes in the gutter for the water to drain out onto the windshield. Been working good so far. I do have a windshield wiper. I'll send a picture soon.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put JB weld on driver and passenger side to keep the water from pouring out on your leg, then drilled several holes in the gutter for the water to drain out onto the windshield. Been working good so far. I do have a windshield wiper. I'll send a picture soon.
Yea a picture would be great. It drives me nuts to get that wet leg!! Speedster's stuff is usually pretty good. He and I ride in the same areas, so I am concerned with the tree limbs ripping off the gutters.

Reactions: Smittyp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't have the wet leg issue, cause I don't have a Talon, darn it! But I've been thinking another route. Get some thin wall irrigation tubing run it out past the windshield about 6 inches, seal it the the roof gutter with silicone, add a couple of spacers inside of the tubing with rivets two per side and when you hit something it just bends and doesn't break?

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!