P700 Driveshaft yoke boot replacement

volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Has anyone replaced the driveshaft yoke (not CV joint) boot? Just wondering how to get it free of the rear diff or trans to get the new boot on

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Never have done it but I have a suggestion. I'm assuming you don't have a service manual but you can get an exploded view of the diff and driveshaft in the OEM parts section on Rocky Mountain ATV. Sometimes I do that to help me understand how the stuff goes together.

Reactions: cahill
volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What type of grease did you use inside the propeller shaft boot after replacement?
You know this thread is 5yrs old? Like the last post was 5yrs ago! You might get lucky with a response from the OP, he was last on just over a week ago but ownes a Talon now.
From my experience with drive shift yokes, You can put a good barring grease in there with high tack preferably.

Now the other important question...
You've been on since 19` and 2 post, this being the second. No Pics, 🤨
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!