P1000 Dual Battery Diagram

R

Reddmann

May 10, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my lowly attempt at showing my dual battery setup, for anyone that might need help with it. This is on a 2020 1000-5 Deluxe. I know it looks like a jumbled mess, but I thought I'd share. Maybe it'll help someone...

Attachments

• Dual Battery Diagram.pdf
    118.2 KB · Views: 477
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
This is my lowly attempt at showing my dual battery setup, for anyone that might need help with it. This is on a 2020 1000-5 Deluxe. I know it looks like a jumbled mess, but I thought I'd share. Maybe it'll help someone...

Great drawing, but I was wondering where your winch is plumbed in, unless you don’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reddmann
boilermaker72

boilermaker72

May 4, 2020
greensburg, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the midst of installing my accessory power management system. I have used so much of the guidance from previous posts and it has been great to draw from.
I am having issues getting my dual volt meter installed correctly. Some background, I have the true dual isolator installed and working. I also have my stinger installed and am using a OTT switch to control my key acc. or switch it to be just have it on the second battery. all of that is working correctly.
I have the dual volt meter wired to each side of the isolator......what is everyone using for a keyed ground for the meter??

Thanks,
Shawn

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In the midst of installing my accessory power management system. I have used so much of the guidance from previous posts and it has been great to draw from.
I am having issues getting my dual volt meter installed correctly. Some background, I have the true dual isolator installed and working. I also have my stinger installed and am using a OTT switch to control my key acc. or switch it to be just have it on the second battery. all of that is working correctly.
I have the dual volt meter wired to each side of the isolator......what is everyone using for a keyed ground for the meter??

Thanks,
Shawn
Your tru isolator kit should have came with a relay that will turn the volt meter on with key on power.

boilermaker72

boilermaker72

May 4, 2020
greensburg, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It did come with the relay.....I understood that if I am using a stinger that I do not have to install the relay??

If so how so I wire the meter into the loop with the stinger??

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It did come with the relay.....I understood that if I am using a stinger that I do not have to install the relay??
you can do that, but you will have to be careful where you hook up your positive volt meter leads. Aux battery will need to be after the stinger, and main battery will have to be with a key on power source

advertisement
R

Reddmann

May 10, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If so how so I wire the meter into the loop with the stinger??
I have the stinger and I still used the relay. You can see how I wired it in that diagram and it works.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
wh

what if you have a lighted rocker switch. it will run down the battery.
He's talking about the winches main power cables. Not anything to do with the rocker switch. Rocker switch will have key on power for the lights.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!