P1000 Dual Battery for winch on P1K5LE

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scoured the threads here for an explanation of my particular setup. Its on a 2017 P1K5LE with factory winch cables provided. 4500 Warn winch. I just placed the battery in temp position just for trying to have my graphic explained. You probably know by now my wiring expertise is slim to none :). But all the videos say its easy and takes less than 1/2 hr lol.

So a b and c are wires provided with my True Isolator kit. A - is the provided wire from #2 battery negative to frame, B is the provided wire from my positive of #2 battery to left side of Isolator and C is a provided wire to connect main battery positive to right side of Isolator.

Now to move the winch to the #2 Battery. Is it as simple as moving the D wire from the winch connector + connection, disconnect off the solenoid ( think that is what it is) and move it over to the + connection on battery #2?

Can I connect the small black wire to the negative connection of the winch connector or should I take it to the frame? (or somewhere else)

I am looking at the picture and wondering .... is E and F the same wire? (I forgot to chase the wire when I took the pic)

If i connect a dual battery monitor, do i simply connect each red wire to each side of the isolator and ground the monitor to frame (or where else can I)

What is the "white circle" ... a solenoid? (in my graphic I started typing "What is W... but the rest of my sentence didnt get on graphic)

Right now my only accessory is my winch and I wanted the #2 battery for plowing.....will be adding other accessories down that road.. that will be another conversation!

Wiring 2

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Circle is the starter seloinde.
BOTH F and D should be protected as HOT wires.

F IS NOT A GROUND... I repeat NOT a ground!

D can be used to collect battery positive. I see you habe your winch there. That is ok.
Honda recommends this locarion with some accessory vs connecting to the battery. Really, its the same.

B and C is correct. But you can move C to D if you like.

You should hook both the winch + and - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.

Use the factoey ground E and extend it to the second battery as frame ground @A if you can. You can create a frame ground if you like too.

Last edited:
UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi.
BOTH F and D be protected as HOT wires.
D can be used to collect battery positive. I see you habe your winch there. That is ok.
Honda recommends this locarion with some accessory vs connecting to the battery. Really, its the same.

I forgot the rest of your questions. Lol
Stand by.

You should hook both the winch + amd - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.
Hi.
BOTH F and D should be protected as HOT wires.

F IS NOT A GROUND... I repeat NOT a ground!

You should hook both the winch + and - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.

Use the factoey ground E and extend it to the second battery as frame ground @A if you can. You can create a frame ground if you like too.

I get it now... I assume the - negative (black) from the winch connector is direct connected to Battery 1 - negative post. will look at it again. So I take the + positive D (connection between + positive on the winch connector and the hot connection on the solenoid) and move it to connect directly to battery #2 + positive post. Winch then will be directly wired to battery 2. Clear as mud.. thanks!

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!