P1000 Dual battery question - yes, another one...

C

CWhitmarsh

May 29, 2020
Port Angeles, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good evening. I'm new to the forum and about to be a new owner of a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I've seen a lot of talk about dual batteries for these machines and I've found it intriguing. The question I have is this: If I don't plan to put any electronic accessories on for quite a while, should I go forward with installing a second battery without any other accessories? If I do, do I need to add in the solenoid and extra fuse block for future accessories? Or do I just do that part in later when I start adding things?

Thanks for your input (Sorry for yet another question about dual batteries).

Chris

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good evening. I'm new to the forum and about to be a new owner of a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I've seen a lot of talk about dual batteries for these machines and I've found it intriguing. The question I have is this: If I don't plan to put any electronic accessories on for quite a while, should I go forward with installing a second battery without any other accessories? If I do, do I need to add in the solenoid and extra fuse block for future accessories? Or do I just do that part in later when I start adding things?

Thanks for your input (Sorry for yet another question about dual batteries).

Chris
I wouldn't worry about a 2nd battery with no accessories. If u add a winch, u could go ahead and do the 2nd battery and True AM isolator. Then when u wanted to add accessories u could just add your fuse block and switches.

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The whole reason for adding a second battery is because when you have accessories and start to draw additional power from the battery it starts to affect the operation of the transmission cause problems and slippage. If your not adding ANY accessories right now, then you don’t have to worry about the second battery until you start adding those accessories.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just received a second battery and True isolator kit. I have no accessories to add yet, but I will eventually add a stereo. I'm putting the battery in now, but it will not have anything connected to it yet. Is this dumb of me? I have a fuse block that I will wire in after I get my Stinger, but I am not going to run a winch ever. Does this make sense or did I just waste $ and time?

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could see that being just fine, as whatever I install to the fuse block will have a switch. Then I could turn on anything without using the key. I have a question though if you don't mind. Some people install fuses between the Aux battery and the fuse block, maybe even before the Stinger. I don't know much about where they should be placed, but do you have any large fuses between your Aux battery and the fuse block?

IMG 8456 IMG E8455

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!