Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Quick walkthrough of how I did the dual battery on the Talon. Not as easy as the pioneer to find places for everything so made a few changes like not using the stinger or a DPDT switch

Reactions: nitrotmann and BWAF
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mine is similar, the viper winch solenoid and the isolator a bought actually had the same bolt spacing. The bracket kfi includes with their winch mount bolts to the factory solenoid location and I was able to sandwich it with the solenoid and isolator.

Also, I ran my own cable from the rear battery, only to find out that honda preran cable for the winch. Which would have been perfect..... Oh well

Also, shameless plug, I have a ca battery mount for sale, still in the box. Their shipping was slow, so I built my own before it showed up.

Reactions: Razorback and BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Quick walkthrough of how I did the dual battery on the Talon. Not as easy as the pioneer to find places for everything so made a few changes like not using the stinger or a DPDT switch

Very nice work!!!👍

Talon19DC

Talon19DC

Mar 29, 2020
Burlington NC
Ownership

1. Talon R
I did something similar. I used the True isolator, Mighty Max 35 amp hr battery, main fuse, a fuse/relay box, a key on power junction block, power buss bar, ground buss bar and CA Tech battery tray. I powered mine all through a master switch with a 40 amp relay. These forums are great for learning how to do these things. Thanks!
Talon Dash
Talon Battery Hold Down
Talon Hood From Front Left
Talon Dash
Talon Hood From Front Left

Reactions: TerryH and DRKnight
Bhop81

Bhop81

Aug 8, 2023
Fort Mill, SC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have seen some setups run an isolator to the 2nd battery > 2nd battery to continuous duty solenoid (CTS) > CTS to accessory fuse box. There is key-on power running to the CTS to make the circuit when key on. Any issues with this setup? Or better solutions out there? I guess I could run an off/on switch like the video in place of the solenoid, but I prefer everything cut off when key off. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!