P1000 Dump bed sticking

M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 Pioneer 1000-5 pretty much brand new, and my dump bed has been sticking. If I pull the lever, it moves a tiny bit, you can hear the latch move, and the bed moves upward maybe .5" and stops. If I put some man power on it, wiggle it back and forth and up and down, then I can usually get it to come free and it will dump just fine. The hydro is fine, it's something "catching" after the latch releases. I can't see where it's hung up, but I thought maybe someone had a similar problem and could point me in the right direction.

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do the rear seats lock down, or should the just be flat? They are flat, but I'm not sure they are locked.

I'll take a look at the buckles, I'm not sure if it's that though, it happens so fast (so close to closed) that it seems like something else. But I'll check.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
2016 Pioneer 1000-5 pretty much brand new, and my dump bed has been sticking. If I pull the lever, it moves a tiny bit, you can hear the latch move, and the bed moves upward maybe .5" and stops. If I put some man power on it, wiggle it back and forth and up and down, then I can usually get it to come free and it will dump just fine. The hydro is fine, it's something "catching" after the latch releases. I can't see where it's hung up, but I thought maybe someone had a similar problem and could point me in the right direction.

Have you read this thread?

P1000m5 - Bed won't release

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know on mine the plastic (female) buckle for the rear nets block my bed from opening occasionally. The buckles are attached to the upright center door pillar. The top of the bed will hit them if they aren't pushed out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much folks, I've found the issue. The driver's side rear seat, when it's down, isn't disengaging the lock for the dump like it should. If I pull the lever and just put a slight pressure on that seat, it pops right up. There's a latch underneath that controls the lock that's actuated by a lever that leads off from another lever that the seat presses down on when it's it's in the "down" position.

So, problem located. Any ideas how to resolve it? I can take a grinder to the latch and take a little off it, but, if there's an adjustment for this, I'd prefer to do that rather than send the sparks flying. ;)

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you read this thread?

P1000m5 - Bed won't release

Thank you so much folks, I've found the issue. The driver's side rear seat, when it's down, isn't disengaging the lock for the dump like it should. If I pull the lever and just put a slight pressure on that seat, it pops right up. There's a latch underneath that controls the lock that's actuated by a lever that leads off from another lever that the seat presses down on when it's it's in the "down" position.

So, problem located. Any ideas how to resolve it? I can take a grinder to the latch and take a little off it, but, if there's an adjustment for this, I'd prefer to do that rather than send the sparks flying. ;)
In this other thread hondasxs explains how he wrapped his with some tubing and it was enough for him to get better engagement at the latch, sounds like that might help you too.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, that's not a bad idea, I'll bet that would work. Just make the thing it pushes down on a little bigger and it should work just fine.. Good idea!

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did that and I fixed it by adjusting the rear door adjustments at the bottom of the rear doors , two bolts. Look in your book and it will show them.

Reactions: Lady01
M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I couldn't find it in the book, but, yeah, I see what you're talking about, and that's definitely going to fix it! I can see on the side that's sticking they are set to much higher than the side that's OK. That's the problem, I'm 99% sure of it. Thanks Bubba!

P

Pronghorn1

Oct 22, 2018
Prescott Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My new 1000-5 2018 model would not raise either. The safety catch that the back seats push down on had a small rubber end on each side. One side was not there, so I used some thick heat shrink on the stud that goes in the latch and it works perfectly now.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
My bed will not release ether. It will come up less than a half inch. The passenger side rear sea latch is not releasing. If I pound down in the seat back it will release.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My father in law called me one day and said his was doing the same thing. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work over the phone while I looked at my rig to help him figure out his problem. He said it had always worked before but this time it was just locked up and would only come up a inch or so. After doing some talking we found out that someone with him had put the rear seats down but they had not flipped up the lower lumbar portion of the back pad. It needs to be flipped up so it rest in the foot wheel when the seat is down. They just pushed the seat down until it looked to be flat and left it that way. It looked to be fine but it just wouldn't go down enough to release the catch. I don't know if this is anything to do with it, but I have heard of it happening. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

P

Pronghorn1

Oct 22, 2018
Prescott Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a rubber deal on the release post that comes off or is not big enough for the adjustment on the release. I put some shrink seal over mine and it fixed this very same problem.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Solved! Thanks everyone. My dump bed has always been contrary. My 700-4 is one of the first ones to dealers. I finally understand the bed latch not releasing. The latches attached to the lever always worked fine. The safety latch has not always released when the rear seats were down. I checked that the lumbar seat was stowed up correctly and no mud corn, sticks, acorns etc. kept the seat back from going all the way down. Remedy.,,,,, with the bed down but, seat backs up look a few inches forward of the seat back hinges. You will see a spring. With your finger push down on the "ear" or tab and feel it move under spring pressure. That is the spot for the shrink wrap. Get some 1/2 inch electrical heat shrink tubing from your local hardware store. Cut off about 3/4 inch and slip it over the seat safety latch tab that is not releasing. I only needed one layer on one side to fix the problem. I did not even apply heat but would have if a second layer was needed. The Texas Summer heat will probably secure it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!