BOX1

P1000 DUNES DUNES DUNES

88dunerider

Feb 26, 2018
oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of you riding the dunes at all? how do these machines perform? Dealer told me of course it will perform amazing just told me to keep it it 4wd LOW range the whole time. I question that yet i dont want any clutch issues. Whats everyone's opinion or experience on the gear ?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As long as you keep the revs up and don’t lug it too much I’d believe high would be fine depending on type of sand. Pioneer isn’t exactly the best rig for sand because it’s not quite got the power of some to keep tires lit up at all times like some love but they do fine

Last edited:

88dunerider

Feb 26, 2018
oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as you keep the revs up and don’t lug it too much I’d believe high would be fine depending on type of sand. Pioneer isn’t exactly the best rig for sand because it’s not quite got the power of some to keep tires lit up at all times like some love but they do fine

Oh i know its no polaris or canam (which is why i bought it) we go to the oregon dunes in the summer and would love to bring the pioneer for family cruises. I have only seen a few videos out there of them at the dunes and the one video the owner had it in 4 low going up the dunes and in 2 low out on the flats but i was just curious if anybody on here takes theres out there

F

fxstrdr

Jan 25, 2017
Oh i know its no polaris or canam (which is why i bought it) we go to the oregon dunes in the summer and would love to bring the pioneer for family cruises. I have only seen a few videos out there of them at the dunes and the one video the owner had it in 4 low going up the dunes and in 2 low out on the flats but i was just curious if anybody on here takes theres out there

I took mine to pismo a couple of times, its a hoot. Set the tires to 5 psi put it in 2 wheel high, plant the skinny pedal on the floor until you get stuck, stop and use 4 wheel to get unstuck. Repeat until the day is over or cooler is empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any of you riding the dunes at all? how do these machines perform? Dealer told me of course it will perform amazing just told me to keep it it 4wd LOW range the whole time. I question that yet i dont want any clutch issues. Whats everyone's opinion or experience on the gear ?
Been there done that, got the tee shirt, I like the rocks and mud a lot better. To each there own, have fun!!!!!

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 Kermit dunes 1
Loved the dunes - went everywhere my buddies in went in their RZRs and Wildcats - obviously not as fast. That was before the FOX shock upgrade though. I may not be too far behind next time. Pretty much ran LOW with 4X4 unlocked the whole time. The dunes I was on where a mixture of rolling single track dunes/shrub mix so 30 was about as fast as you could go anyway. I did go into HIGH a few time but as others said you had to plant it..Can't wait to do it again. BTW - I love how clean your machine stays in the dunes LOL

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell yeah they go fairly well! I have had mine out a few times, I just did the power commander 5, Autotune, & K&N air filter I am excited to see how it goes, Guess who's getting some paddles soon?

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF

88dunerider

Feb 26, 2018
oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 66697 Loved the dunes - went everywhere my buddies in went in their RZRs and Wildcats - obviously not as fast. That was before the FOX shock upgrade though. I may not be too far behind next time. Pretty much ran LOW with 4X4 unlocked the whole time. The dunes I was on where a mixture of rolling single track dunes/shrub mix so 30 was about as fast as you could go anyway. I did go into HIGH a few time but as others said you had to plant it..Can't wait to do it again. BTW - I love how clean your machine stays in the dunes LOL

From what I have found it seems like everyone stays in 2 LOW unless they are going up dunes. Everything I have seen about the Clutch issues was the only thing that I was worried about , I know they have the power I just don't wanna burn some clutches out !

Reactions: BWAF

88dunerider

Feb 26, 2018
oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell yeah they go fairly well! I have had mine out a few times, I just did the power commander 5, Autotune, & K&N air filter I am excited to see how it goes, Guess who's getting some paddles soon?

Let me know how the paddles work! plan on getting a pair before summer!

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got it, I was gonna buy a soft cab, to hell with that. Paddles and rims for the rear, maybe even a set for the front. Ill show you ehst rims and tires and prices. It has to be scat track or ya ain't s***. They are the best and only way to go. I think 8's will be best, taller paddles gear you up so I will do some about the same overall height of my bighorns. Maybe drop a size is all.

88dunerider

Feb 26, 2018
oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got it, I was gonna buy a soft cab, to hell with that. Paddles and rims for the rear, maybe even a set for the front. Ill show you ehst rims and tires and prices. It has to be scat track or ya ain't s***. They are the best and only way to go. I think 8's will be best, taller paddles gear you up so I will do some about the same overall height of my bighorns. Maybe drop a size is all.

Ive been running HAULERS on my 250r's for as long as i can remember ! Wouldnt go with any other brand! i havent checked in to see what sizes they offer but yeah id go with same size or one size smaller . Paddle wise i wouldnt go with more than 12 if there is an option . i know alot run 14 paddles but that robs to much power.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm worried the 12's would rob too much, I think 8's or 10's. I wish I could try each one out, one after the other.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stongbuilt - Have you rode the dunes in central WY? Killpecker I think?

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't But looks very intriguing..

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Give 2 high a try in sport mode. It keeps the rpms higher. I'm curious how it will do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell Yeah!! Supposedly my dealer is getting me a set of scat trak 8's. 28" x 10" x 14r. I'm putting them on Douglas aluminum rims, I wanted smoothies out front but I also want the comfort of knowing I'd have traction up front If and When I needed...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!