P1000 DUST! cab accessories to minimize dust ?

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
im sure this has been asked a hundred times. i got the super atv flip up windshield. and i love it. it changed the areodynamics to have the seating area a dust storm. i usually run with the window open for that reason. kinda defeating the purpose. wondering if adding the roof helps that at all ? i think adding the back of the cab piece would solve it but then i couldnt ride with my dogs. stupid i know. wondering if anyone has found a way to deflect the air in some fashion to reduce/ eliminate the swirl factor. 98% of my riding is gravel roads, wish it wasnt but here we are. would like to have a full cab with a heater but spose ill just hop in the pickup if im gonna do that.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
CRob8348

CRob8348

Dec 12, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda soft top with back window and it helps control the dust coming in. It has the zippered window if you want it open for your dogs.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mid soft window! Assuming you have a 1000-5? Its the same soft rear window as in the 1000-3. The rear soft window for a
1000-5 will not help you much for the front. This is the best you can do without a full cab and thats not perfect either so your looking at 60-70% reduction at best. When i have my dogs in the back, then i put on the rear panel. The only other think that will help you with the dust is to buy a jeep! You dont want to sell your P1 now! lol
As for a roof, id stay away from the bikini soft top, had one and a pita in many ways and it likes the dust. A hard top is the way to go imo. I can see the soft for temp if you cant find a hard top right now.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The front windshield creates a low pressure system in the cab drawing in the dust. Adding a roof won't really help.. The best thing to help is allowing ventilation through the front. Crack the windshield open a bit to eliminate the low pressure caused. Not many great options.

bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the full glass windshield and hard roof. I added a fabric rear panel and the dust slowed. For me the best solution was during the warm weather I remove the windshield until late fall. This works great. Dust is minimal and heat is also kept at tolerable levels. Open air riding is the best for me. Before this none of us could breath including the dogs in the back.

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda fabric mid panel helps significantly, is relatively cheap, and easy to install/remove.

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
*Dependent upon amount of crap attached middle ROPS bar

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started with a full glass windshield and tusk aluminum top. My glass has the flip out vents in the bottom. Not a good combo for the dust. I added the back soft window and it didn't slow it down much. I had a friend give me a short windshield to try. It helped for the front but the kids in the back would get hammered. The best combo i have found is when I removed the aluminum top and run the short windshield with the mesh top or no windshield at all.