sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was just watching Fox news and they did this report on these E Cigarette's. Those of you that use these need to be aware of this. I'm not a smoker or E-C user but I know there are some on here that are.
Are e-cig injuries exploding upward?
@Delton , @drfubar is looking out for you. Ha you need to remember that next time you are smoking flavored steam. Lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was just watching Fox news and they did this report on these E Cigarette's. Those of you that use these need to be aware of this. I'm not a smoker or E-C user but I know there are some on here that are.
Are e-cig injuries exploding upward?
I think we know why you watch Fox News, and it ain't for the dudes. Oh wait it probably is for the dudes now that I think about it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
People are using cheap batteries for these things. People have the same problem with high end flashlights. The batteries are 18650 and people should be using batteries with protection circuits. It very tempting to use the cheap batteries but everyone should stay away from anything that has "fire" in the name. Like "trust fire" or "ultra fire". You guys should stick with "LG", "Panasonic", "nitecore", "Fenix", or "Sony"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Those nice aluminum flashlights are like pipe bombs when the battery starts to heat up and leak. The aluminum housing eventually explodes from the pressure. I'm guessing that the E-cigs are about the same with an air tight battery chamber.

Good batteries will have:

1. Low discharge protection
2. Over charge protection
3. Short circuit protection

Reactions: JTW and sharp
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
People are using cheap batteries for these things. People have the same problem with high end flashlights. The batteries are 18650 and people should be using batteries with protection circuits. It very tempting to use the cheap batteries but everyone should stay away from anything that has "fire" in the name. Like "trust fire" or "ultra fire". You guys should stick with "LG", "Panasonic", "nitecore", "Fenix", or "Sony"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. A lot of it has to do with people trying to make huge vape clouds. They don't fully understand how their low Ohm coils are pulling way to much amperage from cheap batteries.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything with a battery could possibly explode. We all risk death every day by simply getting out of bed in the morning. If it happens, feel free to call me an idiot. If it doesn't, guess I just got lucky. I'm thinking the 29 years I smoked would've been more dangerous.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!