Eleanor

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got her home. They added a winch, roof, window and plow. Now it's my turn. Added just a cross bag for now. Was going to disconnect the safety switch for seat belt. When I took the cover off there was nothing there. Never tried it before. The shop had the seat belt latched. Just assumed it had one. Looked under seat and there was a red plug with nothing plugged into it. Would that be the safety switch not hooked up.

Image Image Image

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking good, what year is it? I don't think the 2016's had any kind of safety latch. The 2017's have a seatbelt safety system.

That red plug is the diagnostic port for the power steering I think.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good, what year is it? I don't think the 2016's had any kind of safety latch. The 2017's have a seatbelt safety system.

That red plug is the diagnostic port for the power steering I think.
I just assumed it did. When I tested one at a def. dealer they said I had to have it on or it would not run correctly. That was back in July last year. Then when I pick this one up they had the seat belt hook and then seat on it to move it. It is a 2016.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took her out for the first ride today. Did about 13 miles. Around here iits a lot of ruff riding and rocky hills. She did good I think. Not as ruff as I suspected. Average speed around 8 mph. Lot of rain and never got wet. Would not of thought about going out if I only had my atv.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never understood what the big deal was with the heat under seat until today. In the winter I like it. I do see the issue in summer. I think a fan is a must in summer. Thinking about doing something with vent for summer and maybe some kind of vent to blow heat on me in the winter.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Finally got her home. They added a winch, roof, window and plow. Now it's my turn. Added just a cross bag for now. Was going to disconnect the safety switch for seat belt. When I took the cover off there was nothing there. Never tried it before. The shop had the seat belt latched. Just assumed it had one. Looked under seat and there was a red plug with nothing plugged into it. Would that be the safety switch not hooked up.

View attachment 32349 View attachment 32350 View attachment 32351

I did not see where your question about that red plug was answered. What you photographed was the diagnostic port used by the dealer to troubleshoot, take readings as needed.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the sticker on the light. It says 480v + or - 25w. Does that mean I would need a 45 amp fuse.

The wires don't seam to be that big. Image

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. But what about the fuse. With a 40 amp relay does that mean I don't need a fuse. Sorry for asking but I'm not that up on elec.

You need a 25-30 amp fuse on the relay and a 5-10amp fuse on the switch.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!