Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine reads battery voltage while im charging anything from it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

That's funny. Is there a way to change the operation?

Mine will show the amps that it's putting into the USB device. I can tell you that iPhone 7 chargers at 1.3 A until it gets almost full and the average starts tapering off. If I'm charging two devices, it'll get close to 3 A.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you thought about running the switch sized usb charger with a voltmeter built into it? I dont have a pic but others have posted pics on here of them.

I've seen them but the true battery system came with two round volt meters. one for each battery.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SOME IDEAS ON SWITCH PANEL View attachment 35571
Decided to use #1, but only half so I could put my cell holder on the other half.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't see much of a point in venting the radiator!!

Did all my vent lines other then the rad. Fan motor. How important is that? Got the lights hooked up.

View attachment 36304 View attachment 36305
Also got the best upgrade done to date. Thanks for the stickers. View attachment 36306 View attachment 36307

There is a vent for the fan motor. As the motor heats up, the bent line is needed to allow air to expand. While I agree that it's not as important as the other vents, it's probably the easiest. So why not do it?

You don't want dirt and grit to cause premature failure of the motor. Honda thought it was important enough to raise the cent line, so why wouldn't you raise it further?

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Maybe I'm not following.. so is this a vent for the radiator fan or the radiator coolant? Maybe I haven't looked at it closely enough.. but in my mind it was just the overflow for the coolant that was being vented. If we're talking venting the coolant.. it should be pressurized and not allow back flow.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the fan vent??

Reactions: Eltobgi
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I'm not following.. so is this a vent for the radiator fan or the radiator coolant? Maybe I haven't looked at it closely enough.. but in my mind it was just the overflow for the coolant that was being vented. If we're talking venting the coolant.. it should be pressurized and not allow back flow.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the fan vent??
Its a vent for the electric fan for the radiator

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went for the first ride this past Sunday. We did about 55 miles. It took me a little bit to figure out when to use low and high range. Low seams to shift up and down a lot at times. The last 10 mile or so I used manual and shifted up as I needed and let it shift down when it needed. That seamed to be at lot smoother. In high at times you could hardly here it changing gears. It seams to get smoother the more I run it. I noticed the heat only when riding in slow section. It was in the 30's and 40's so the heat was welcomed. All an all I loved riding it. Only thing that bothers me is my leg hurt trying to give it gas for long sections. Don't know how to fix that unless I add hand throttle. Witch would be a cool idea. Just don't know how to do that. I know there are handicap systems out there.
Anybody have any ideas? Anyway here are some pic's will try to get more from my son. He took most of the pic's and videos.

Image Image Image

advertisement
J

JTW

Went for the first ride this past Sunday. We did about 55 miles. It took me a little bit to figure out when to use low and high range. Low seams to shift up and down a lot at times. The last 10 mile or so I used manual and shifted up as I needed and let it shift down when it needed. That seamed to be at lot smoother. In high at times you could hardly here it changing gears. It seams to get smoother the more I run it. I noticed the heat only when riding in slow section. It was in the 30's and 40's so the heat was welcomed. All an all I loved riding it. Only thing that bothers me is my leg hurt trying to give it gas for long sections. Don't know how to fix that unless I add hand throttle. Witch would be a cool idea. Just don't know how to do that. I know there are handicap systems out there.
Anybody have any ideas? Anyway here are some pic's will try to get more from my son. He took most of the pic's and videos.

View attachment 37724 View attachment 37725 View attachment 37726
I like high range in sport mode..

Reactions: Eltobgi and Jshell3
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only thing that bothers me is my leg hurt trying to give it gas for long sections. Don't know how to fix that unless I add hand throttle. Witch would be a cool idea. Just don't know how to do that. I know there are handicap systems out there.
Anybody have any ideas?

Buy and install a throttle max. Wish i could post a picof it but dont have one for ya. It will leesen the force it takes to push the pedal down. Along with it will smooth out the jumpyness of the acceleration when in low range a decent amount. There are a few decent YouTube videos on how they work. I put one on my rig when my wife who is 5'2" had a hard time smoothly pushing the pedal down.

J

JTW

I like sport mode also. I like having 6 gears, just don't like it changing all the time.
I don't notice high sport auto shifting too much.. it's just about right really.. i did notice low constantly shifting though. High sport with the slap of a paddle shift occasionally when goingnup or down grade seems to be the sweet spot for my style of riding.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't notice high sport auto shifting too much.. it's just about right really.. i did notice low constantly shifting though. High sport with the slap of a paddle shift occasionally when goingnup or down grade seems to be the sweet spot for my style of riding.
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain my self very well. That's what I was trying to say. sport mode don't shift as often as the others.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!