P700 Electrical Issues

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi gang,

I have the Honda switch panel/fuse box/wiring kit. I have: 1) Honda wiper, 2) After market LED Light Bar, 3) Aftermarket LED Light Cubes all hooked to this, each with it's own switch.

The other day I got it out, and noticed the wipers and LED bar are not working, but the LED cubes still are. I'm not very good with electrical. Can someone tell me the steps I should take to diagnose the issue?

Much appreciated.

John

R

Rexter

Jul 7, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi gang,

I have the Honda switch panel/fuse box/wiring kit. I have: 1) Honda wiper, 2) After market LED Light Bar, 3) Aftermarket LED Light Cubes all hooked to this, each with it's own switch.

The other day I got it out, and noticed the wipers and LED bar are not working, but the LED cubes still are. I'm not very good with electrical. Can someone tell me the steps I should take to diagnose the issue?

Much appreciated.

John
Did you check the fuses?

Reactions: Tflynn and swsebek
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you check the fuses?
I was going to say that!

@Clarky I know you're not real electrical savvy but do you have a test light? If the fuses are ok, then the next step is to start tracing and testing wires back to the power source. You might be able to save a bit of time by doing a visual inspection of the wires and connections as the problem might be quite obvious (wire pulled out, rat chewed through wire etc.)

If you've never used a test light and need instructions just ask

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I haven't looked at anything yet, and my UTV is at my camp, so I just wanted to have an idea before I head up to camp next time on what to bring and what my troubleshooting process would be.

I don't have a test light, but I do have a multi meter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!