P700m4 Elka or Fox?

P

PHS79

Jun 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am about to pull the trigger on new shocks for our 700-4. I was thinking about doing the Commander swap, but I can't find any and also I don't want the extra lift.

I am torn between the Fox Podium 1.5 and the Elka stage 2. I know you can't really go wrong with either one but which is the best way to go?

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am about to pull the trigger on new shocks for our 700-4. I was thinking about doing the Commander swap, but I can't find any and also I don't want the extra lift.

I am torn between the Fox Podium 1.5 and the Elka stage 2. I know you can't really go wrong with either one but which is the best way to go?

Just my $.02, but whichever way you go, whether you have to dig under sofa cushions, borrow from the bank or wait & save some more, get fully adjustable shocks. That means preload, rebound, low-speed compression & high-speed compression. I got Elka stage3's a while back & while they're vastly superior to stock, I'd like to have the other settings to play with now.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Which ones do you get? I'd say whichever ones you can get the soonest!

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Elkas even with forum discount are 1600 the Fox are 1200.....One the sled forums they get equal likes but very little dislikes on either....I went fox and have never looked back....

Last edited:
P

PHS79

Jun 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ended up ordering the Fox Podiums yesterday, now let's just hope the UPS guy doesn't deliver them ona day my wife is working from home!

We are planning on taking the Pioneer out this coming weekend and then have camping reservations they next few weekends after that. Hopefully only this one ride left on the stock shocks before the Podiums are here and installed.

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
I ended up ordering the Fox Podiums yesterday, now let's just hope the UPS guy doesn't deliver them ona day my wife is working from home!

We are planning on taking the Pioneer out this coming weekend and then have camping reservations they next few weekends after that. Hopefully only this one ride left on the stock shocks before the Podiums are here and installed.

Yup, you'll love the shock upgrade and your wife will get over the purchase once she realizes her a$$ don't slam on the seats when you hit those bumpy roads or bottom out. only problem is now your gonna wanna upgrade the power because you can handle the rough roads alittle more smoothly and faster lol :D:D:D

Reactions: Tflynn and jawquin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!