P700 Elka Shocks

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's been said that wise money is spent on suspension before motor, Well, since there's not much in the way of power mods for the 700 anyway and I've heard good things about Elka's I decided to try some Stage 3's with the low-speed compression adjustments. I was pleased with the ordering process and shipping time. I got them in about a week. And they're already set up for my riding style and average load weight.(although I plan to play around with the setting just cause I've got to) When I opened the rears I found they were Stage 4's with the rebound adj. Come to find out they sent those at the same price as the 3's because they didn't have the rears in the 3 configuration at that time. So I put all them on & man, the difference! Talk about cadillac'n. They are smooth! I now wish I had gone with the 4's up front also just to have another setting to fiddle with but there's nothing bad about the 3's. Here's some pics.
IMG 0847 IMG 0858

So, If anyone wants to pay shipping on some low mileage stock shocks I'll send 'em to ya. Otherwise they're going in the trash.
IMG 0859

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Awsome. Shocks make a world of difference.
And that was super sweet upgrade they gave you. I hear you can send your 3's back in and they can upgrade them to 4's. Not sure on cost.
Also, we just picked up @ElkaSuspension as a club sponsor. They will be glad to hear you like them.
Look forward to more reviews once you get some ride time.

Reactions: Tflynn
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I've been wondering how the Elka shocks compared to the Fox's, or If anyone had tried the Bandit shocks? I have a buddy who bought a set of Bandit for his Terex and likes them a lot.

I see your fronts are progressive sprung. Mine are not as my machine is a 2014. I wonder if the '15-up fronts would make a difference in the softness of ride at slow speeds say under 20 mph? Think it would be worth the swap? If so, I'd be interested in trying your old ones. PM me if you're interested in selling them.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I read somewhere about the Fox shocks being stiffer overall & I've never heard of the Bandits.

Yeah the early models were prone to bottoming out hence the change to progressive springs. Not sure if they're any softer.

C

Camphappyplace

Apr 19, 2015
When you install the Elka shocks, do you get any lift versus the OEM shocks? If so, how much lift did you get.

Thank you.

Reactions: swsebek
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you install the Elka shocks, do you get any lift versus the OEM shocks? If so, how much lift did you get.

Thank you.

Depends on the preload. My fronts sit my 1000-5 up about an inch over the factory shocks without any adjustment.

C

Camphappyplace

Apr 19, 2015
Depends on the preload. My fronts sit my 1000-5 up about an inch over the factory shocks without any adjustment.

Thk u for the quick response. I'm thinking of purchasing the Stage 2 Elka shocks for my 700-4. I'm a slow speed driver so they should be all I need.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thk u for the quick response. I'm thinking of purchasing the Stage 2 Elka shocks for my 700-4. I'm a slow speed driver so they should be all I need.

You can always adjust the preload however you want... higher or lower.

Reactions: swsebek
W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4

Thank you.

Mine went down about 1/4" FR & RR. But I told them to set it for puttin' around.(<20mph)

Reactions: GrayRider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!