BOX1

P700 Front Shocks

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I wanted to give an update on the replacement shocks. So far so good. I had it out to Barnwell Mountain Offroad Park 3 times now since the install of the front and rear Bronco shocks. They are holding up great so far. I put them through a pretty good test this last time. They have repaired a lot of areas at Barnwell that actually enabled me to hit some of the more treacherous trails so I could test them out. A lot of off camber areas along with rock drop offs, long uphill rocky climbs, and hitting rock ledges pretty hard to bounce up them. I feel this proved to be a pretty good test for them. Had a some guys that all had Hondas (2 Talons and a P1000) fall in behind me (talking about pressure to perform). They were impressed in the way by little 700-4 did. The extra ground clearance the shocks gave me helped a lot too. I tell ya like the old Honda add used to say "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" still holds true. Very complimentary of my ride even though what they had was a step above mine. I am really liking these shocks and I will say I do recommend them over the ride of the stock shocks and for the cost over the much more expensive alternatives out there. I still feel I am a long way from totally saying they are a truly good replacement for the expensive alternatives for durability until I have had a chance to further challenge them. Again so far so good though.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
They are not cheap. I got them from leclaire powersports. You can find them on e-bay. Still 1/2 the price of other brands. I have not had any problems with them so far. They are plug and play with everything needed. If they last 1/2 as long then I guess I break even. :) I don't get my 700 airborne or anything like that. I am pretty mellow. Most of the trails I am on are pretty slow going. I think the fastest I have been on a trail has probably been 25 mph. Usually hunting trails and the likes. I do carry 4 grown men a lot of the time so tend to have a good bit of weight on it. The wife and I also go trail riding with another couple in the back too! So far so good with the shocks.
Front-$294
Rear-$378

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
The guys that go with me and ride in the back I am sure weigh no less than 250lbs each. The one that usually sits in front is a little to large to get into the back so sits in the front. He is over 300 lbs. I am right at 200. So we are looking at over 1000 lbs of weight being carried in that little thing. When they are with me we have been working on deer stands and I have a cargo platform that sticks in my receiver hitch. That is where the ice chest rides along with tools, chain saws, ect. Hard to say how much altogether is being hauled but it is a good bit. Those trails are slow going so I haven't seen a need to adjust the shocks from the original settings they came with.

A

Arrowhunter

Apr 26, 2016
Arkansas
The guys that go with me and ride in the back I am sure weigh no less than 250lbs each. The one that usually sits in front is a little to large to get into the back so sits in the front. He is over 300 lbs. I am right at 200. So we are looking at over 1000 lbs of weight being carried in that little thing. When they are with me we have been working on deer stands and I have a cargo platform that sticks in my receiver hitch. That is where the ice chest rides along with tools, chain saws, ect. Hard to say how much altogether is being hauled but it is a good bit. Those trails are slow going so I haven't seen a need to adjust the shocks from the original settings they came with.
Thanks I’m ordering set for the rear!!

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
So got a chance to install my Bronco shocks last Thursday. A little over 2 inches of lift all the way around with the shocks fresh out of the box with no adjustment. Got a chance Saturday night to go for a ride with some friends and it was a noticeable improvement to ride quality. My wife noticed it for sure when we had to climb over some rocky stretches and over a couple of small downed trees across the trails. Coming back we had a pretty good stretch at 25-30 mph up a long stone road with some potholes and washouts and you could definitely tell the difference in handling. So far I am really happy with them for the money.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
So got a chance to install my Bronco shocks last Thursday. A little over 2 inches of lift all the way around with the shocks fresh out of the box with no adjustment. Got a chance Saturday night to go for a ride with some friends and it was a noticeable improvement to ride quality. My wife noticed it for sure when we had to climb over some rocky stretches and over a couple of small downed trees across the trails. Coming back we had a pretty good stretch at 25-30 mph up a long stone road with some potholes and washouts and you could definitely tell the difference in handling. So far I am really happy with them for the money.
Thanks for the update! I am glad they are working out so far. I think you and I are the guinea pigs here so hope they work out for the long run.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the update! I am glad they are working out so far. I think you and I are the guinea pigs here so hope they work out for the long run.
Hey LCK Boater. Have you had a chance to take your ride out since your last report? Took mine out to Barnwell Mountain again. I like that place. They work on their trails a good bit. I tend to hit new areas every time I go. Got myself in a bit of a tricky situation. The extra clearance was my savior. Got to a point that had some really big rocks and the only way to get through that point was to straddle some that had ruts on either side. Bumped the skid plate just a little but it went right over. A little further I got to a place where there was a rock face about a foot tall I had to hit pretty hard to get up. I was at such an angle going up the hill already I didn't think I would be able to make it. The little honda that could did make it up after a couple of tries. One of these days I am going to get some pics. That is supposed to be my wife job but she tends to be hanging on when the picture moments come up that I never get any. I guess I need to fix something up for my phone to get these vids.

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey LCK Boater. Have you had a chance to take your ride out since your last report? Took mine out to Barnwell Mountain again. I like that place. They work on their trails a good bit. I tend to hit new areas every time I go. Got myself in a bit of a tricky situation. The extra clearance was my savior. Got to a point that had some really big rocks and the only way to get through that point was to straddle some that had ruts on either side. Bumped the skid plate just a little but it went right over. A little further I got to a place where there was a rock face about a foot tall I had to hit pretty hard to get up. I was at such an angle going up the hill already I didn't think I would be able to make it. The little honda that could did make it up after a couple of tries. One of these days I am going to get some pics. That is supposed to be my wife job but she tends to be hanging on when the picture moments come up that I never get any. I guess I need to fix something up for my phone to get these vids.
I haven’t had a chance since last weekend, probably next weekend I will get out more. There are a couple of other trails that are more rocky that I want to see how it does. One of the things I use the pioneer for is to tow a jetski to the ramp at the lake and back. Will be interested to se if I notice the shock difference when towing.

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Had about a 4 hour ride Saturday over all types of terrain from paved roads to mud holes and rocky hills. I had just put fresh Tusk Terrabites on the night before and the combo of those and the Bronco shocks had me keeping up with the KRX, RZRs and Talons on the tight trail parts. (Open areas I am the slow one in the back, lol) Still a little bit harsh ride on rocky parts but much better than stock was and the extra height I gained with them made a big difference in bottoming out less. Overall I would highly recommend them if you don’t want to drop the money for Elka’s.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I had t do something about the front shocks. There is no way I can afford Fox, Elka, ect. I bought a pair of Bronco gas shocks for the front. Reviews are not the best but had to do something. Had it out today and I can say it is a major improvement over the stock front shocks. They say 10% stiffer springs. I gained about an inch in the front making it pretty close to level now. I have the stock rears turned up to the 4th notch. I will see how it goes. Durability will be the thing I am worried about. Doling out $1500 to $2000 all at once, which I would have to do for the other brands due to the style of the shocks, is just not an option. I am pretty mellow on the machine so am hoping they will last a little while plus it does give me the ability to adjust the fronts too. I just have to hope for the best and see what happens. I will post once I get to really test them out a bit. Rain Rain everywhere. It just won't quit. Once it does it should make some interesting riding with all he washed out spots on the trails around here. I guess it will be a good test though.
Well ok guys. I have a Bronco shock that is leaking. Funny thing is I haven't been able to make it out to the trails for some time now. Only thing I have been doing is riding around the neighborhood on asphalt roads. Speed limit 25 but usually go about 20. This is some of the reports I have seen on them and is why I have been reluctant to fully recommend them until I had some miles on them. I really thought they would last longer than this though. If anyone has ever priced them knows that even if they are not as expensive as the Elkas and Foxs they are not cheap. Well at least in price anyway. At least now I can recommend them but not in a good way. I would have to say they are not worth the money as they appear to not last very long even when being really mellow with them. Spend the money and get a known brand. Now shocks will cost me 1.5 times as much to replace as it would if I would have bought elkas or foxs.

• Sad
Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well ok guys. I have a Bronco shock that is leaking. Funny thing is I haven't been able to make it out to the trails for some time now. Only thing I have been doing is riding around the neighborhood on asphalt roads. Speed limit 25 but usually go about 20. This is some of the reports I have seen on them and is why I have been reluctant to fully recommend them until I had some miles on them. I really thought they would last longer than this though. If anyone has ever priced them knows that even if they are not as expensive as the Elkas and Foxs they are not cheap. Well at least in price anyway. At least now I can recommend them but not in a good way. I would have to say they are not worth the money as they appear to not last very long even when being really mellow with them. Spend the money and get a known brand. Now shocks will cost me 1.5 times as much to replace as it would if I would have bought elkas or foxs.
Well...that sucks. Thanks for taking one for the team.
Any type of warranty?

Reactions: WagginTail
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well...that sucks. Thanks for taking one for the team.
Any type of warranty?
I just discovered it last night. I will have to start the process this next week. Well we know now. They sure did ride better the short time they lasted.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I made the mistake of saying I had a lift kit on my 700 when talking to Bronco yesterday. That voids the warranty. They directed me to the warranty and the disclaimer is listed below:

• Damage caused by improper installation, use in an improper application, or use in conjunction
with other devices/accessories such as, but not limited to, lowering blocks, lift kits, angled or

high clearance a-arms, suspension modifications, or oversized tires

So I would say basically there is no warranty on these shocks since it is voided not only by the things most people do to their SxS but also as stated, it isn't limited to those things either.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!