P1000 Elka "Stage-2" question

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About given up on Fox shocks for availability problems... I need new shocks all the way round on my 16 PK15... I've found some "State-2" rear shocks that will fit it. Can someone give me the Reader's Digest (dating myself there I guess) version of the difference in the "Stages"? This vehicle is used for hunting/around the farm in East Texas and South Texas, not rock climbing and heavy trails with rocks and such... 85% will be hard surfaced or gravel roads.
Any guidance will be greatly appreciated...
BTW, I'm running factory wheels with BFG 29's and 2 1/2" lift/spacers...
Thx,
Slick

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
About given up on Fox shocks for availability problems... I need new shocks all the way round on my 16 PK15... I've found some "State-2" rear shocks that will fit it. Can someone give me the Reader's Digest (dating myself there I guess) version of the difference in the "Stages"? This vehicle is used for hunting/around the farm in East Texas and South Texas, not rock climbing and heavy trails with rocks and such... 85% will be hard surfaced or gravel roads.
Thx,
Slick
You can go to they're web site and get the skinny on the Stag 2's. Stage 2's probably has compression adjustment. Which should work great for you. The Stage 5's have high, low speed compression and rebound adjustments. I believe the best thing they do is send you the right springs for the weight of your buggy and gear. Good luck!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thx,
Slick
first off id ditch the lift to get your suspension geometry back to normal, buy som SATV forward arms and use the pre load of the shock to get your lift. You and your machine will like you better!
check out this thread on the stage 2’s. Snuff has a good write up. Just use the search up top, there are quite a few threads on the Elkas.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys! I've got the Elka's on order... Sure seems pretty much any quality after-market shocks have long lead times... I have the patience of a firecracker fuse!!
Sure appreciate the feedback on so many questions and changes... Have been able to find most of what I need simply by just reading these forums... still getting used to the way the forums are organized to be able to find what I'm looking for, but this place is a treasure trove for anyone wanting to do their own thing with their buggy!!

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx,
Slick
I just received my Elka Stage 2's. The technical experts at Elka were great in listening to my riding style (very similar to yours, except I do a little on the rocks). They saved me about $800 over the Stage 3's and are designed as a much improved option for the OEM's. BY THE WAY, I'm Running 28" MAXXIS Carnivores and a Highlighter 2.5" Lift. Just be sure to check your toe-in measurements after anything done to your suspension.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Spoonbill!! Soon as I get my shocks done, I will do the alignment checks... New tires, HiLifter 2 1/2" lift, spacers, and now shocks...

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm doing all my suspension mods this weekend as well. I'll add a thread to this message along with my "best practices" (if any). More than likely "Do's and Don'ts". o_O

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BY THE WAY, I went back through several threads and picked up that the toe-in spec should be 1/8"-1/4"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!