P500 Elka Stage 3 shocks ordered

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Happy New Year guys and gals. Just ordered some Stage 3s and will let you know once I receive them. Looking forward to a smoother ride. Didn’t get to ride a lot last season due in part to extreme fire hazard with our public forests being closed to riding. That and work. Anyways looking forward to trying these shocks out. Keep you posted.

Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2018.

jrc

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone install Stage 3s on a P500? Did I say I was kinda excited..... was ploughing snow couple days ago first time I’ve ridden it for months. I had replaced the second battery with an AGM, (under the hood) and really pleased it worked beautifully for 10 hours of ploughing, with LED lights on too. I’d forgotten how much fun these little work horses are and now hopefully with improved ride we’ll be cheering.....

Also need to do a heater.... was -23C (-2 F) when ploughing at the farm so glad I have a cab on it to get out of the wind.

j

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Nice. Keep us updated. When I went to their site, they wanted to know what you use it for, how many people you carry, etc. So they could build the right shock. Curious what Spring and shock combo they make you with trail riding but also plowing in mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Nice. Keep us updated. When I went to their site, they wanted to know what you use it for, how many people you carry, etc. So they could build the right shock. Curious what Spring and shock combo they make you with trail riding but also plowing in mind...

Yes I’ll have to give them a shout tomorrow as I forgot to add up a bunch of gear I have on my rig that stays on it... winch, cab, windshield, thicker skid plate, stick stoppers, auxiliary 2nd battery guessing all that would weigh 70lbs or more and yes of course snow blade... thanks for the reminder

Will be interesting to see results and will keep you guys in the loop for sure.

j

Reactions: trigger
hondasrule

hondasrule

Feb 27, 2017
ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone install Stage 3s on a P500? Did I say I was kinda excited..... was ploughing snow couple days ago first time I’ve ridden it for months. I had replaced the second battery with an AGM, (under the hood) and really pleased it worked beautifully for 10 hours of ploughing, with LED lights on too. I’d forgotten how much fun these little work horses are and now hopefully with improved ride we’ll be cheering.....

Also need to do a heater.... was -23C (-2 F) when ploughing at the farm so glad I have a cab on it to get out of the wind.

j
Hey Jcart
I installed elka stage 3 on my p5. they are sooo awesome and worth every penny. its a complete transformation in the ride. for me the suspension is so good at keeping tires planted and soaking up bumps I kinda floor it all the time with confidence of not bottoming hard. it literally floats over everything. Cadillac ride. One suggestion is remove rear sway bar. it defiantly helps with traction and rear wheel articulation.
give use your feedback when you get them dialed.cheers

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hondasrule, thanks for the input and suggestion, have already pulled the antisway bar off it ages ago. Looking forward to riding once I get them swapped on. Stock shocks where the warranty ones and I have installed a 1/2” tube spacer to lengthen them. Hopefully will have time tomorrow to swap them on.

Thanks again.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Hey Jcart
I installed elka stage 3 on my p5. they are sooo awesome and worth every penny. its a complete transformation in the ride. for me the suspension is so good at keeping tires planted and soaking up bumps I kinda floor it all the time with confidence of not bottoming hard. it literally floats over everything. Cadillac ride. One suggestion is remove rear sway bar. it defiantly helps with traction and rear wheel articulation.
give use your feedback when you get them dialed.cheers

Curious how the shocks handle different conditions along with weight you might be carrying (IE passenger or cargo). Also curious about plowing with them and if you think they are worth the $$$ over Walker Evans.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious how the shocks handle different conditions along with weight you might be carrying (IE passenger or cargo). Also curious about plowing with them and if you think they are worth the $$$ over Walker Evans.

I'm curious too elka vs we?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
My choice for Elkas is they look to be a quality product and are made in Canada. Stage 3’s because 4’S and 5’s are too sophisticated for my needs as I’m primarily trail riding, not jumpin stumps or dunes. I’ve never really messed with performance type suspension on ATVs or UTVs so this will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Off topic a little bit I most recently purchased a Rawtek Stainless mid exhaust for the wife’s Touareg 3.0 TDi Diesel, which is made in Eastern Canada. Am so pleased with the fit, finish and quality of workmanship and the fact that it is made here is most pleasing to me. So that kinda swayed my purchasing Elka shocks too. We seem to have so little manufacturing of these types of goods in Canada it’s nice to support these guys and they seem to make a quality product. If packing, install directions an attention to detail is any indication, I think these shocks should be good.

Reactions: solrus
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My choice for Elkas is they look to be a quality product and are made in Canada. Stage 3’s because 4’S and 5’s are too sophisticated for my needs as I’m primarily trail riding, not jumpin stumps or dunes. I’ve never really messed with performance type suspension on ATVs or UTVs so this will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Off topic a little bit I most recently purchased a Rawtek Stainless mid exhaust for the wife’s Touareg 3.0 TDi Diesel, which is made in Eastern Canada. Am so pleased with the fit, finish and quality of workmanship and the fact that it is made here is most pleasing to me. So that kinda swayed my purchasing Elka shocks too. We seem to have so little manufacturing of these types of goods in Canada it’s nice to support these guys and they seem to make a quality product. If packing, install directions an attention to detail is any indication, I think these shocks should be good.
The only issue I had with my Elkas was the pinch bolt on the spring adjustment retainer clamp at the top of the spring, take these out and anti-seze the bolt threads before installing shocks, other than that. Ow happy days

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Glad I found this thread, I have just sent an email to WE inquiring about pricing and shipping to canada... How was the install?
I'd buy the Canadian Elka's living in Canada, I think there made in Quebec, I kept having to tell them I don't speak French. I bet you get them in inside of a week, I did and I live in the US and sent cashiers check and had custom shim stacks and springs, didn't cost any more. The guy I dealt with was Frank. Tell Frank Hello for me.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
The only issue I had with my Elkas was the pinch bolt on the spring adjustment retainer clamp at the top of the spring, take these out and anti-seze the bolt threads before installing shocks, other than that. Ow happy days

Thanks Smitty335, good idea I’ve already installed just this evening and did a plough of the cul de sac and they seem somewhat firmer than the stock ones on the front as it doesn’t did much when lifting the blade. Install was painless and I did you a quality anti seize paste on shock bolts and will add some to adjuster ring cap screw.

Thanks for the heads up.

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Ploughed out the farm property the other day 5 hours of snow moving, was kinda hard to tell if there was a difference mind you was mostly 1st and 2nd gear works. Didn’t seem to have as much sag when lifting the 66” blade as I recall. Can hardly wait to have time for a rip around without blade. Not a lot of areas to ride right now due to snow and most side roads (that are ploughed) are salted so not interested in running in salt.

Will keep posting as I get more Kms on it.
j

Reactions: Seg and trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ploughed out the farm property the other day 5 hours of snow moving, was kinda hard to tell if there was a difference mind you was mostly 1st and 2nd gear works. Didn’t seem to have as much sag when lifting the 66” blade as I recall. Can hardly wait to have time for a rip around without blade. Not a lot of areas to ride right now due to snow and most side roads (that are ploughed) are salted so not interested in running in salt.

Will keep posting as I get more Kms on it.
j
I don't know if Canada or was it the US refunded all the Canadian tax you paid visiting, had to be Canada. Very cool country! I about chocked when I bought my first gallon gallon of gas, knew nothing about the imperial gallon. It's been awhile since I visited. You ice fish, I'll try to behave if put me up for a week and take me ice fishing, HA!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At one time you were able to submit to be refunded either GST or PST when returning to the US when travelling in Canada.
It hasn't been done in 10+ years though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
At one time you were able to submit to be refunded either GST or PST when returning to the US when travelling in Canada.
It hasn't been done in 10+ years though.
I'm getting old, I didn't know they quit.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Finally had a ride on P5 without the blade on the front... long story short, ended up packing blade on rear rack in skid deep snow. Wow ride is so smooth, only went a few Kms 4-5 on snowed in logging road. I’ve not messed with ride height, adjusted dampening, just threw them on... and have been ploughing snow until tonight. So looking forward to messing about with these shocks rides really nice. I can see that a person will probably drive in one higher gear on average as the ride is so smooth.

j

Biffman

Biffman

Dec 18, 2017
Brighton Ontario (overlooking Lake Ontario)
Ownership

1. 500
Today I just installed the Elka Stage 3 shocks on my P500.
(Which I've only had for about a month now).
I had ordered the shocks on January 3 and they just arrived yesterday.
(Considering that I live in Ontario and the shocks come from Quebec, I was not impressed with the delivery time at all).

However I am VERY impressed with the major difference in the ride!

The price for all four shocks was extremely expensive but it's made a huge difference.

If you can afford them, buy them.

p500-with-elkas-158324.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!