P500 Elka Stage 3 shocks ordered

Biffman

Biffman

Dec 18, 2017
Brighton Ontario (overlooking Lake Ontario)
Ownership

1. 500
Personally, I haven't taken a Cadillac onto the trails lately but I'm pretty sure that my P500 with Stage 3 Elka shocks rides significantly smoother in the bush than an Eldorado would be.
But of course YMMV.
(Your Mileage May Vary).

Last edited:
Reactions: Seg and RumpRocket
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Alright! Took it to work yesterday and rode it on maintenance access road, muddy, spring road that was ploughed down to dirt that’s melted. Ride is awesome.... easily a gear higher, as it was work I didn’t roost about, but am really excited to try just that. These are gonna be so fun compared to stock, I’d say they are a very worth while option albeit pricey. I’ve not messed with any of the setting aside from adjusting the lock ring (compressing down about a cm on install). Ride is similar to stock with 1/2” spacer on lowest shock setting idling around after that they seem pretty plush, not harsh, not sloppy, but controlled refined ride. I’m thinking WFO, is gonna be huge giggles.... stay tuned.

j

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alright! Took it to work yesterday and rode it on maintenance access road, muddy, spring road that was ploughed down to dirt that’s melted. Ride is awesome.... easily a gear higher, as it was work I didn’t roost about, but am really excited to try just that. These are gonna be so fun compared to stock, I’d say they are a very worth while option albeit pricey. I’ve not messed with any of the setting aside from adjusting the lock ring (compressing down about a cm on install). Ride is similar to stock with 1/2” spacer on lowest shock setting idling around after that they seem pretty plush, not harsh, not sloppy, but controlled refined ride. I’m thinking WFO, is gonna be huge giggles.... stay tuned.

j
Yep, from a Elka owner!

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Finally was able to run her WFO down a logging gravel road yesterday, really twisty road alignment. Soooo much fun and smooth compared to stock. Still not used to them as one tensed up a little when riding over rough stuff thinking it’s gonna be rough.... floats right over. Not bottomed out since install, next is to get some 27” radials on it and should be good to go (after custom exhaust and programmer) bahhahhaaa it just never ends.

If you can afford them do it, does change the ride significantly.

Cheers j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally was able to run her WFO down a logging gravel road yesterday, really twisty road alignment. Soooo much fun and smooth compared to stock. Still not used to them as one tensed up a little when riding over rough stuff thinking it’s gonna be rough.... floats right over. Not bottomed out since install, next is to get some 27” radials on it and should be good to go (after custom exhaust and programmer) bahhahhaaa it just never ends.

If you can afford them do it, does change the ride significantly.

Cheers j

Keep us in the loop on that exhaust J, been doing a bit of research on that subject myself. Wondering if a tune is really needed?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I’m looking for greater lower to mid range power and torque. Here’s my thinking on this. There is ample jam already in 1,2nd and I’d say with 27” tires too, however in 4th and 5th low to mid throttle now it runs outa da jam on sight up hill pulls. And I think a more open exhaust and programmer with new fuel mapping, timing etc will help with bottom end power and torque. It’s already buzzy enough at WOT, just trying to get a great little machine even better. I’ve got to make time to order weld on exhaust coupler rings, as I was thinking I’d cut off stock exhaust after the catalytic converter, knock out the stuffing in it and use as a resonator. Then weld on exhaust V coupler rings between resonator and new muffler and clamp together with V band clamp. So much fun to rip around on now... and a pony or two more with Quicker low end would only be better.
j

Reactions: solrus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!