P1000 End of year purchase

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I' m looking to pick up a P1000 5 by the end of December. Can anyone say if waiting until the end of the month/year has any purchasing advantages like you would get at a car dealer? I have seen some dealers offering $1k off, and wonder if there is some secret rebate going on with Honda already for dealers. Does anybody have a dealer in northern California who they know will give good pricing on these? Santa Rosa Motorsports is local, but the won't budge on anything, including fees. Thanks

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend of mine just bought a 1000-5 non-deluxe here in Louisiana within the last month for 14k plus tax, no fees. He did about 1,200 better than I did back in June. If you wait too long though, the 2016's will be gone.

Reactions: JTW and QuadMan747
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I always try to buy cars in January, it's a slow time and it seems to work. I'm guessing it may be the same way for SxS's.

If a dealer is trying to make sales goals and haven't by the end of the month I'd assume they'd move on price. There's a dealer over here selling them for 15,000 or so.

Here's a few adds

New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
NEW 2016 HONDA PIONEER 1000-3 EPS

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Abernathy Honda pretty much sells for invoice cost and pass on all incentives to the buyer. On some models that sell really well and normally get accessorized out the yin yang they they actually sell for less than invoice.

They make their money on accessories and since they are the largest Polaris Dealer in the world, service... ;)

It probably wouldn't be cost effective for you to drive to TN from California but it should give you an idea how close you are to paying invoice for dealers around your area.

Right now they are selling the Deluxe for $15,494 and the 1000-5 for $13,794 and they don't charge any fees, only taxes.

So that should give you an idea whether waiting would net you a better deal or not. The only catch would be if Honda ups their incentives in 2017 or not, if they do, the price may go down.

Personally, I would probably wait and see if the incentives change in Jan or not.

I think they probably will because it is a 2016 model in 2017 but it might not since they won't have any 2017 models for sale until April from what I understand.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
84b02d6ea153f1fc00835852e25fd3a3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In Mississippi you can get the deluxe for $14,300 out the door for out of state buyers no sales tax!

Do they charge any documentation fees or setup fees or delivery fees or any of those other "fees" that are actually profit for the dealership?

If not, then that is by far the best deal out there.

Reactions: JTW
lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they charge any documentation fees or setup fees or delivery fees or any of those other "fees" that are actually profit for the dealership?

If not, then that is by far the best deal out there.
There's one additional fee - a "MS Trauma Response Tax" @ $50, but other than that, no. No setup, destination, paperwork, etc.

All Mississippi motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle retailers are required to collect the Motorcycle/ATV Trauma Care Fee of $50.00 on every retail sale of a new or used motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle, even if the purchaser is an exempt entity.

The Motorcycle/ATV Trauma Care Fee is in addition to the regular 7% sales tax collected on retail
sales of motorcycles andATVs. The $50.00 Motorcycle/ATV Trauma Care Fee is not subject to the regular 7% sales tax.

The Motorcycle/ATV Trauma Care Fee is due on all sales of motorcycles and ATVs made in the State of Mississippi. Sales by a Mississippi dealer to residents of other states are also considered point of sale purchases and are subject to the fee,regardless if sales tax is due or not.

The 48 hour drive out exemption for sales tax does not apply to the Motorcycle/ATVTrauma Care Fee.

J

JTW

Cheapest you can get in one here and paying cash.. is 15630 with a hard top. That's no tax with farm exemption

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A lot of dealers list on ATVTrader.com. Just put in your search criteria, nationwide search, then sort it to show lowest price first. You'll get a very good idea what the bottom line is. Then do a search limiting the location closer to your area to see who has the best price.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
No tax for sure for out of state buyers. Not sure about the $50 trauma fee for out of state buyers. I know living in Mississippi I have to pay the $50 trauma fee.

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Opposite end of CA but best I've seen out westDbb6210b851f97cae2df8d2e7c23d3dd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!