BOX1

BRed Engine Light

G

gscaughron

Oct 2, 2022
Tahlequah OK
Ownership

1. Big Red
We have a 2010 Big Red that we rescued and brought back to life. It's been a great machine but now it's throwing an engine code. The code is 8 quick flashes followed by a longer single flash. The code breakdown from this forum suggests low voltage to the TPS. We had noticed symptoms of failure to shift into second and poor throttle response before. It will only idle and not accelerate now. Am I on the right track thinking the TPS is the issue?

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Ignore the 1 long that is a check flash to acknowledge the stored codes have been read and it's starting over to the last code. These machines don't flash sub codes (8-1 or 8-2).

The code is most likely for TPS high voltage (8-2) which would indicate a broken wire/ no resistance in the sensor/ or bent connector.

Check for rodent damage/bent damage/water ingress first. Then you can read the resistance at the connector. That would verify a bad sensor, but that's most likely the issue.

G

gscaughron

Oct 2, 2022
Tahlequah OK
Ownership

1. Big Red
Thanks for the tip. All connections look good with no deterioration or damage to the plug. Inspection of the wires show no damage either. I hate to throw money at electronics. This might be a bit above my diagnostic level but my brother is better with the multimeter maybe he can help.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!