BOX1

Ever find one of these in your garage? (rattlesnake)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought this was a tree limb when we ran over it with the buggy last summer. Bastard was as big around as my forearm. Timber rattler. Being the conservation minded fellar i am...i "relocated" him.
20180930 175651

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 134177

Local story of a rattlesnake bite to finger. Not good.
I came very close to that happening to me. These prairie rattlers look nearly identical to the local "blow snake" or "bull snake" that are extremely common in this area. I have caught those snakes my whole life - I just put on a leather glove and grab them. They bite you but it doesn't hurt much through the glove. The only thing that threw me off was the unique stripe over the eyes. Glad I noticed it! I nearly reached back and grabbed it.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I've had a Brown, Black and King snake in the shop. I have no problem with those. I went to bear hug a big log beside the shop and my hand moved under it. That copperhead is no longer with us haha. Thing was a big around as a pringles can. I looked like Rambo when I came back out to get him.

View attachment 134171
Wow! That's a beautiful snake! Love how his pattern matches the leaves.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fortunately we have had no rattlers or moccasins show up in our garage but rat/chicken and king snakes we have.With the pond,creek and pool close by we also see a lot of water snakes. We have seen a couple of moccasins in the pool but they were delt with accordingly.
IMG 1042

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This guy pretends to be a rattler. Yesterday was the 4th time I have relocated him out of my yard. I dont want to issue termination but wife is giving me no choice. Bf989bc1dd2c66de1df43ad9d039f1ad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I came very close to that happening to me. These prairie rattlers look nearly identical to the local "blow snake" or "bull snake" that are extremely common in this area. I have caught those snakes my whole life - I just put on a leather glove and grab them. They bite you but it doesn't hurt much through the glove. The only thing that threw me off was the unique stripe over the eyes. Glad I noticed it! I nearly reached back and grabbed it.
You need to focus on the HEAD ...... dead give away on most venomous snakes in America.

D

Deleted member 3748

My boss is out of town on a job...he calls me and says his wife sees a snake in the garage and doesn't want the little kids to get bit. So I run over to check it out, and it's a Prairie Rattlesnake. We don't see them often - first time I've seen one in my life - so it was cool. Yes, I let it go outside of town.
I haven't seen a snake of any kind in years! That's one of the perks you get from snow. :)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!