P1000 extended warranty yes No?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I got letter from Honda about the extended warranty and it says to purchase it before the original warranty expires 1yr $484, 2yr $561, or a 3yr for $682. I haven't done it yet but I guess I will have to at some point. Does anyone know how adding aftermarket accessories effects the warranty? Say like a front bumper that covers up most of the radiator.
lmao good question!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
cause these suckers do cover some air flow

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never bought an extended warranty before. But I am this go around.

Reactions: Hawk53
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is something I've talked about and thought about a lot. I even went back to my dealer and talked about. Basically, I told them that I've decided not buy it because it's a Honda. If they let me down, I'll buy something else.

I hope that word gets back to Honda corporate. I know im a small voice, but maybe others will complain about the the new model issues.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
This is something I've talked about and thought about a lot. I even went back to my dealer and talked about. Basically, I told them that I've decided not buy it because it's a Honda. If they let me down, I'll buy something else.

I hope that word gets back to Honda corporate. I know im a small voice, but maybe others will complain about the the new model issues.
I totally feel the same way!!!! They only thing that stops me from this is the clutch deal!! Ford screwed me real bad with the diesel trucks I owned 3 7.3 non turbo diesels 4 7.3 l power strokes and after the 2 lemon 6.0l $60,000.00 trucks I will never own another ford in this life time!! Not because they screwed up and made a piece of crap all do that with design flaws on new models here or there, but because how they screwed there customers real bad. If u were lucky enough to be one of the ones that had them fail before warranty ran out they wouldn't even let the customers supply them with the parts that would stop it from failing again so when it went bad the second time u would be screwed!!! GMC and Chevrolet had injector problems what did they do???? Extend the warranty on injectors TRANSFERABLE to 200 thousand miles and say we care about our customers!!!!! It cost them MILLIONS, but in the long run I hope it made them millions more. (so far Honda I hold on a high pedestal also) sorry for rambling.....

Reactions: joeymt33
Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
I picked my 1000 up yesterday and paid 500 for a 2 year extended. There must be some wiggle room there on the prices of the warranty.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I totally feel the same way!!!! They only thing that stops me from this is the clutch deal!! Ford screwed me real bad with the diesel trucks I owned 3 7.3 non turbo diesels 4 7.3 l power strokes and after the 2 lemon 6.0l $60,000.00 trucks I will never own another ford in this life time!! Not because they screwed up and made a piece of crap all do that with design flaws on new models here or there, but because how they screwed there customers real bad. If u were lucky enough to be one of the ones that had them fail before warranty ran out they wouldn't even let the customers supply them with the parts that would stop it from failing again so when it went bad the second time u would be screwed!!! GMC and Chevrolet had injector problems what did they do???? Extend the warranty on injectors TRANSFERABLE to 200 thousand miles and say we care about our customers!!!!! It cost them MILLIONS, but in the long run I hope it made them millions more. (so far Honda I hold on a high pedestal also) sorry for rambling.....

One could say that the GM injectors ended up costing the entire country millions in the help they need up needing!!lol. I do drive a ford but also own GMs so just being the Devils advocate here!!) A lot of good vehicles out there now. Today I would have a hard time not buying a Ram 3/4 ton with a Cummings which at one time I said I would never buy one. I'm not a brand loyal truck guy....I usually do a ton of research and buy who I think is putting out the best rig at the time. Which is why I am currently driving a Ford F-250...the GMs could not handle construction site abuse!)

Reactions: joeymt33
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Did buy the Honda Warranty when I picked mine up. Can work on a lot of things but this machine does have it's share of complexity, to me the transmission & clutch. Can only wonder what kind of $$$ to be prepared for if it has an issue. Yeah, it's a Honda, I believe one of the best machines built (why else would I buy it) but still built w/ human hands.......

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Did buy the Honda Warranty when I picked mine up. Can work on a lot of things but this machine does have it's share of complexity, to me the transmission & clutch. Can only wonder what kind of $$$ to be prepared for if it has an issue. Yeah, it's a Honda, I believe one of the best machines built (why else would I buy it) but still built w/ human hands.......
I feel better when they are HONDA Japanese hands lmao

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!