P1000 extended warranty yes No?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
clutch thing is one of the only reasons I would want to get it, maybe nice to get one but I try not to get them most of the time its good ins but ugh? can u shop around on the phone and get a good price or do u need to be local to get it? how does it work and how long do u have to get it etc etc etc should I get it ? thanks for all your input in advance any thoughts would be helpful.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
clutch thing is one of the only reasons I would want to get it, maybe nice to get one but I try not to get them most of the time its good ins but ugh? can u shop around on the phone and get a good price or do u need to be local to get it? how does it work and how long do u have to get it etc etc etc should I get it ? thanks for all your input in advance any thoughts would be helpful.
I always get the warranty on my stuff it's like adding a accessory and around the same price if you like accessories. You can shop around and find a warranty you can also negotiate the price. Some companies have stricter policies than others. Sometimes you will come across companies that are just retailers or subs for the same warranty service. You can buy the warranty in different time phases 2,3,5 years etc. If you don't get the extended warranty before the factory warranty runs out you will probably be out of luck. I usually wait until the factory warranty is about to run out then get the extended warranty so I don't have double warranty and waste time on the extended warranty.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
ok I didn't know there were different choices of years!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I always get the warranty on my stuff it's like adding a accessory and around the same price if you like accessories. You can shop around and find a warranty you can also negotiate the price. Some companies have stricter policies than others. Sometimes you will come across companies that are just retailers or subs for the same warranty service. You can buy the warranty in different time phases 2,3,5 years etc. If you don't get the extended warranty before the factory warranty runs out you will probably be out of luck. I usually wait until the factory warranty is about to run out then get the extended warranty so I don't have double warranty and waste time on the extended warranty.
do u know of the prices people are paying for the 1000-5 deluxe warranties

Reactions: Digger
PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
I Bought mine at purchase and it was $500.00 for a additional 3 years added on to the standard 1 year.....So 4 years total. My warranty was through Honda USA.

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
I Bought mine at purchase and it was $500.00 for a additional 3 years added on to the standard 1 year.....So 4 years total. My warranty was through Honda USA.

That's the one I was looking at. I put my order in today for the Grey deluxe model. Can't wait but will have to,as the dealer has had the Grey model on order for two months already.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
I haven't really researched this, but my understanding is that there is NO extended warranty through Honda, and that it is an aftermarket warranty that some Honda dealers sell. Not sure if that makes a difference, but it is better to know for sure who and what you are buying....

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I haven't really researched this, but my understanding is that there is NO extended warranty through Honda, and that it is an aftermarket warranty that some Honda dealers sell. Not sure if that makes a difference, but it is better to know for sure who and what you are buying....
I paid 620 for three extra years through Honda and got a 1% deduction on my apr by adding it. Its actually through Honda as I have the Honda card where it says 3 extra years with my vin number on it.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
That's the one I was looking at. I put my order in today for the Grey deluxe model. Can't wait but will have to,as the dealer has had the Grey model on order for two months already.
u know for $289 dollars to your door u can make a red one grey!!! and u have a set of reds to sell!!

Reactions: sharp
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
can anyone confirm that the extended warranty isn't through Honda?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Mines through Honda as well. I thought all of them were. Might just be a few dealers have different ones.

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Yes certain dealers do push aftermarket plans......Kinda like the stuff you can buy on a used car. I spoke to a certain Power House dealer who pretended like that was all that was available. Cant comment on how honorable they may or may not be when it comes time to pay for repairs. Personally I felt better with a Honda plan, and yes the price on the 3 year extension varies by dealer.....:rolleyes:

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I got letter from Honda about the extended warranty and it says to purchase it before the original warranty expires 1yr $484, 2yr $561, or a 3yr for $682. I haven't done it yet but I guess I will have to at some point. Does anyone know how adding aftermarket accessories effects the warranty? Say like a front bumper that covers up most of the radiator.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Ok just read part of the fine print that said "If a non-authorized part or accessory caused or contributed to the breakdown or damage " it's not covered. Oh well I guess you add accessories at your own risk.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
That's what my dealer told me too. They said it could be purchased anytime before the standard 1 year expires an it wouldn't start until after the standard 1 year ran out.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I never get extended warranty. Personal choice.
Like any insurance consumers lose - overall.

I may reconsider in 6 months - depending where this clutch thing lands.

Reactions: hurld
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda USA is also a sub to the warranty company that is why the price is varies. But you do feel better when it says honda USA on it. Just ask the dude trying to sell you the warranty the difference!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!