P1000 Honda Brand Extended Warranty

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
One mistake is that people think a warranty is a guarantee, it is not.

It is going to protect you from mistakes that Honda made manufacturing your machine.

And trust me when I say, Honda makes very few mistakes.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Back in the late 80's when I was running a Honda PE shop, winters would get a little too quiet some years.

So, I came up with an idea to bring business in during the slow period and also relieve the rush in the spring.

I offered an extended warranty, up to five years from Honda's factory two years, to anyone who brought their machine in every year for a tune-up. I knew that if people had me service their machine every year, the failures would be minimal.

It worked, people loved it and I thought it was a fair deal. The customer did not have to pay for an extended warranty and it brought in business when we were slow and I never ate a repair.

Maybe Power Sports dealers can tweak this idea to work for them. Such as maybe offer free pickup in the winter slow months.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!