P1000 Extra Battery

c_hurt

c_hurt

Dec 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve got a Honda Pioneer 1K3 with a few accessories and am wanting to put in a few more (one being a winch). Just wondering if others have tied in a new battery to help, or if it is even necessary. If so, how big of battery would be appropriate? Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve got a Honda Pioneer 1K3 with a few accessories and am wanting to put in a few more (one being a winch). Just wondering if others have tied in a new battery to help, or if it is even necessary. If so, how big of battery would be appropriate? Thanks!
Just search dual battery and you will have all the info you need.
here’s my set up. A mighty max battery up front in the provided spot a true isolator kit with dual meters. An 80amp stinger controlling a second fuse box that all my small acc are hooked to. A seven pin on/off/on switch to control stinger. And winch is hooked straight to 2nd battery. That said it can be as simple as dropping in a second battery and running a hot and ground. It will charge. A lot of dif ways to do it.

S

selldog

Jul 20, 2020
wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased and installed the
Mighty Max Battery ML26-12 12V 26AH
Approx. $55

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
c_hurt, the club store has a 2nd battery kit you can order, it doesn't include battery, but everything else you need for that

c_hurt

c_hurt

Dec 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just search dual battery and you will have all the info you need.
here’s my set up. A mighty max battery up front in the provided spot a true isolator kit with dual meters. An 80amp stinger controlling a second fuse box that all my small acc are hooked to. A seven pin on/off/on switch to control stinger. And winch is hooked straight to 2nd battery. That said it can be as simple as dropping in a second battery and running a hot and ground. It will charge. A lot of dif ways to do it.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! Going to install a CB radio in there tomorrow to have with a few others in our riding group so we can talk while riding. Finding you can put an many accessories as you want on these things. Lol.

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to do the same... the club store has a few different kits, which is the "go-to" kit so we don't do it twice?

This one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
Raynman

Raynman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ACfixer, this is the one i ordered, TrueAm UTV-SBI-18CM UTV Dual Battery Isolator Kit,
because I wasn't going with the lithium battery's, other kit's are basically the same just less in them which changes the price.

Someone with more experience than me may post also.

Ray

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to do the same... the club store has a few different kits, which is the "go-to" kit so we don't do it twice?

This one?

Yes, this is the full kit and makes installation with the gauge simple. Just follow directions. Or search 2nd or dual battery on this site and there are literally hundreds of battery isolater install posts.
Or pm me and I can share how I did mine.

Raynman

Raynman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

This one?

yes, there is also a couple youtube videos on the install also

advertisement
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a link to a video that covers many of the questions that come up around dual battery installation.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, this post below has a number of wiring diagrams for several different scenarios, such as key-on power, or always on.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay got my kit... Any links to the actual battery that fits the cavity? This one?

I'll buy the more expensive Odyssey if you guys say I need it, it's jut that my experience is with motorcycle batteries is they all last about two years no matter how much you spend.

Reactions: ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Okay got my kit... Any links to the actual battery that fits the cavity? This one?

I'll buy the more expensive Odyssey if you guys say I need it, it's jut that my experience is with motorcycle batteries is they all last about two years no matter how much you spend.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I've got 1 mighty max with 2 years on it and another with 1 year on it and zero problems so far.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!