P1000 Extra negative battery cable?

N

NOAZ longshot

Oct 2, 2022
Seligman AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've seen several videos for installing a second battery. Many of them refer to a factory installed negative cable for the second battery. I have a 2022 1000-3 deluxe. Anybody have an idea where thy hid this cable....if it's in there at all?

Reactions: Smitty335
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi.
2022 doesn't have this cable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Why in the world would Honda not include an extra ground cable when the duel battery system is so popular ??

Reactions: Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Why in the world would Honda not include an extra ground cable when the duel battery system is so popular ??
Honda didn't install it for a dual battery.
They installed it for a factory-installed winch running a single battery.
ALL winches package come with ground wires, so there was no need for it.

In my opinion, it's best to ground back to the second battery anyways when installing a second battery.
This keeps your flow confined between the 2 batteries and not through the frame.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda didn't install it for a dual battery.
They installed it for a factory-installed winch running a single battery.
ALL winches package come with ground wires, so there was no need for it.

In my opinion, it's best to ground back to the second battery anyways when installing a second battery.
This keeps your flow confined between the 2 batteries and not through the frame.
Good point on the duel battery grounds.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!