Fan stays on all the time

S

stbknox

Nov 20, 2013
My Dad has a Pioneer 700-4 and he washed it yesterday, when he went to start it today the fan immediately came on and the malfunction light is blinking. He lives 6 hours away so its not something I can look at, just trying to search online and find an answer but having no luck. Has anybody seen this issue and know what might be causing it. He has started it multiple times and the fan always comes on immediately and the light blinks. He has unhooked the battery but that didn't work. He changed the oil and filter after this happened, also checked coolant which was fine.

Any ideas or suggestions on this? Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I bet the wire on the thermosensor has came loose.
Stand by and I'll look up where it is.

S

stbknox

Nov 20, 2013
Hondasxs said:
I bet the wire on the thermosensor has came loose.
Stand by and I'll look up where it is.

Ok thanks, I managed to pull the owners manual up online so I will be looking for it also.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Havent tested this on the Pioneer. But on other Honda ATV's if the ECT sensor is bad or lost connection the fan will default to "ON"

Attachments

• ECTsensor.pdf
    150.1 KB · Views: 287
S

stbknox

Nov 20, 2013
Hondasxs said:
Havent tested this on the Pioneer. But on other Honda ATV's if this sensor is bad or lost connection the fan will default to "ON"

Thank you very much for taking the time to look this up. I notice there are 3 sensors on the attachment, is there a certain one he should check or check them all in order?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!