G

Gag367

Supporting Member
Sep 15, 2022
Happy Valley - Goose Bay
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Guys!

I have a 2017 pioneer 700-4. In the past few days I have a weird electrical issue where I shut down the side by side and after a few minutes, on off the relay up front start clicking and then the dash comes on (ignition switch in the off position and key is off). Once the dash comes on, if I turn the light switch on, one of the relay makes a weird sound and everything shuts off (lights wont come on), if I turn the light switch back to the off position, dash comes back on.

Anyone has ever run into that issue?

Thanks

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like key switch is damaged. There have been quite a few post on here about dashes coming on when ignition is in off, some even with no key in switch.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
Like @1950Willys, I have also read about a few of the older 700's with ignition switch problems.
If you search google for this:
"pioneer 700 disassembled the old switch and found it full of nasty water"
First post in the search will take you to an ATV forum from Sep of 2020.
Post # 3, pics of the switch are of a 2016 Pioneer 700.
Have a good day

Reactions: Buggyman and CID