P700 Electrical issues

S

srachunok

Dec 15, 2021
Bloomingburg NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
I originally posted how my machine will turn off when the headlights are turned on. I’ve gone thru and checked and cleaned all connections. What I have noticed is that when I turn the ignition switch I sometimes takes a few minutes before I get any dash lights or hear the fuel pump kick on. I jumped the starter relay and machine will start but I don’t get any power at either of the 2 wires that supply the solenoid when turning the ignition. So I double checked the fuses and found I have power at the ignition fuse but no power at the fuse labeled start. Does anyone know if any of the 4 relays to the left of the fuses supply power to the fuses??? I’m scratching my head on this and know it has to be something simple. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I don’t get any power at either of the 2 wires that supply the solenoid when turning the ignition.
Main 40A fuse feeds the IGN switch, then the IGN switch feeds several fuses.
the START fuse ONLY when in the key in in crank.
also feeds the 15A light fuse and the 10A FI fuse.
Do those have power when in the run position?

Reactions: Glock21user
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So...
It wont crank with the key, but you can jump the starter and it will?
AND
When you turn the headlights on, it kills the machine?
Id say possible bad cell in battery or a bad/dirty ground someplace
@srachunok how old is your battery?

S

srachunok

Dec 15, 2021
Bloomingburg NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure where the 40 amp fuse is located but with key in run position I have power at the 15 amp light and 10 amp fi fuse. Can’t ck 10 amp start fuse cuz it doesn’t crank with the key. Battery is less than a year old, all power and ground connections have been cleaned and checked.

S

srachunok

Dec 15, 2021
Bloomingburg NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
If I jump what I refer to as the starter solenoid I can start the machine but the 2 wires that feed and activate solenoid have no power when I turn the key to crank

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Can’t ck 10 amp start fuse cuz it doesn’t crank with the key
Have someone bump the key while you check the start fuse with a test light or meter.
REMOVE the fuse and check both posts inside the fuse holder individually for 12v upon crank.

With this fuse removed. Jump crank it and test to see if it still kills when you turn on the headlights.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Battery is less than a year old, all power and ground connections have been cleaned and checked.
Make sure u hit “reply” under the question the person asked then reply (see above) to it so they get a message that u replied. Or type there name like this @srachunok in your reply.

That said, when your cranking and or when u turn the lights on, have a meeter or a battery load tester on the battery during this period and see where and or if it moves. If it does, you have a bad cell in the battery (yes can happen only a yr old) or something is drawing dropping out your power and or caused the bad cell in your battery. My guess is you have a draw on the system.
What accessories do u have on the rig and are they on the main or second battery?
If any are on the main, remove them from it one by one and try your starting sequence and see if anything changes and come back with the results please.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@srachunok
Can you take it apart to see what it looks like inside, and post up some pics.
As @Glock21user, and @Jerryg suggested, it seems to be fairly common on the older machines.
If you search google for this:
"pioneer 700 disassembled the old switch and found it full of nasty water"
First post in the search will take you to an ATV forum from Sep of 2020.
Post # 3, pics of the switch are of a 2016 Pioneer 700.
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!